Save Kids Meal Toys As Gifts

Whenever I go to McDonalds for anything other than breakfast, I get the double cheeseburger happy meal and ask for a toddler toy. I save them to give to grand-kids and great grand- kids for their birthdays, Christmas, or for their mommy's baby shower for them. The toys are made by FisherPrice and of high quality. Also, if I have some leftover, I give them to charity at Christmas.

By knitter926 from Bloomington, IL

I concur, they made great stocking stuffers for my kids when they were young. You can also ask for the toddler toy to give to new mothers at baby showers.

Great tip! They also work for Easter baskets... :)

Very thoughtful! Since we rarely go to McD's, we found our own solution last time we went: we gave our toy to the toddler at the next table. Made the little guy's day! His parents thought it was pretty cool, too, obviously.

March 6, 2007 Flag

Do you end up with several of those cute little stuffed toys from the fast food restaurants? Sometimes we have duplicates. Take a plastic hanger, have your child wrap it in pretty ribbon or whatever pleases them and then take the little stuffed toys, hang and make a mobile with them.

Plastic fishing line is great as it makes the toys look suspended in the air. Right now there are really cute stuffed girl toys at Burger King, you can even use the little plastic cars for the boys. Be sure to hang high enough your child cannot reach.

By Tracey from Thomasville, GA

Thanks! I am going to do this for our granddaughter. I have MANY of the McDonald's Kids Meal toys. She will enjoy this.

What I've done, is used our 'first christmas tree' which was only 3 ft tall but too sentimental to give away, and hung some of our toys on it, making it "the kids' tree". I used fishing line, and colorful ribbon. Most toys have a spot to attach the ribbon, whether a foot, around the neck, anywhere! This kept me from throwing out the toys and when I have grandchildren, I'm hoping they'll enjoy all the antiques, being surpised mom and dad had toys like that when they were kids.

Please DO make sure that this will not be hung over a baby's or toddler's crib/bed.

Holidays and Parties Gifts InexpensiveApril 19, 2011
Homemade Baby Toys
Homemade Baby Toys
Dog Pulling on Rope and Tennis Ball Toy
Homemade Dog Toys
Toddler with ball.
Inexpensive Toddler Toys
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts
🎉
🎄