Product to Conceal Uneven Skin Tones

Does anyone have a suggestion for a foundation or concealer that can give the minimum coverage that I need to cover uneven skin tones without settling into the fine lines around my eyes or mouth which make me look much older than I am? These products also make my skin look very dry after a few hours.

I usually don't wear make-up, due to very sensitive skin, so I am not very experienced in this area. Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

By Sue

I swear by mineral makeup, which I have been using for over 6 years now. It evens out my skin tone and doesn't look like I have makeup on. Just swirl it on over imperfections and they really even out. People are always remarking about my good skin. It's not so much my good skin, but the way mineral makeup works. There are several good choices at drugstores now; when they first came out you had to mail order everything. They are much more affordable than they were years ago and they last a long time depending on what size you get. Plus, they don't "go bad" because there are no oils to rancid. I highly recommend them.

I suggest using Bare Essentials available at Boutiques etc, but I buy mine from QVC. It sounds pricey, but if you watch how to apply it, you use so little that it lasts and lasts. Best thiung I have ever used, no allergies. Go to to see when it shows again or to buy.

Check out Mistura Beauty Solutions.

I am 54 & have some really bad skin problems with scaly dry patches that most foundations soak into & magnify. "Revlon ColorStay Active Light" is the only one I've found that moisturizes & doesn't make my dry patches worse & it doesn't go into my lines either. Sometimes I will mix it with a darker or lighter shade of "CoverGirl Smoothers" (a tinted moisturizer) when I need it darker or lighter depending the time of year. The CoverGirl Smoothers is more transparent than the "Revlon ColorStay Active Light", but you may like it as well.

This is my top favorite: (but not easy to find in stores, I buy it on the internet) ... n/ColorStay-Active-Light-Makeup.aspx

If you order it & are not happy with the color, mix it with a tiny bit of darker or lighter shade of another brand of makeup. I have done this.

* A note, they recently change the formula of the "Revlon ColorStay Active Light" (adding SoftFlex") so I hope it still performs the same way)... This makeup performed well even when I had hotflashes in the middle of summer! It also has an SPF 25 which means you won't need sunscreen too!

Where to Buy: ... amp;gs_rfai=&fp=c3307f2acf3aeb36

A List of the Very Best Foundations: ... -different-skin-types-on-the-market/

Foundations for Very Dry Skin:

You may find this product interesting as well, but it will not moisturize: ... -Ounce/dp/B001ET71CQ/?tag=thrif06-20

BareEcsentuals (Bare Essentials) is also now available at JC Penney. Good Stuff.

My sister swears by Avon's mineral face -base make up, she has been using it for several years and she loves it. She has some blotchy skin and she is very fair skinned. She always looks great and like she is wearing no face make up at all. Keep in mind she has a line or two on her 55 yr old face and the make up does not cake up at all.

Oh, and remember when you are applying creams or anything even just washing your face, always use your ring finger and swirl in from the outside of your (underside) eye to nose. You do not have lipids in this area and once you stretch the skin there it is stretched. I learned this years ago as a Mary Kay consultant. Here's is to removing the red!

A woman covering uneven skin tone with make up.
Remedies for Uneven Skin Tone
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceApril 12, 2010
Old brown tile
Repairing Uneven Tile Floor
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
bandaid covering a skin tag
Remedies for Skin Tags
A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner