Remedies for Uneven Skin Tone

Category Skin Care
It can be embarrassing to have dark spots and blotches on your face. This is a guide about remedies for uneven skin tone.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a foundation or concealer that can give the minimum coverage that I need to cover uneven skin tones without settling into the fine lines around my eyes or mouth which make me look much older than I am? These products also make my skin look very dry after a few hours.

I usually don't wear make-up, due to very sensitive skin, so I am not very experienced in this area. Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

By Sue

Answers

I swear by mineral makeup, which I have been using for over 6 years now. It evens out my skin tone and doesn't look like I have makeup on. Just swirl it on over imperfections and they really even out. People are always remarking about my good skin. It's not so much my good skin, but the way mineral makeup works. There are several good choices at drugstores now; when they first came out you had to mail order everything. They are much more affordable than they were years ago and they last a long time depending on what size you get. Plus, they don't "go bad" because there are no oils to rancid. I highly recommend them.

I suggest using Bare Essentials available at Boutiques etc, but I buy mine from QVC. It sounds pricey, but if you watch how to apply it, you use so little that it lasts and lasts. Best thiung I have ever used, no allergies. Go to QVC.com to see when it shows again or to buy.

Check out Mistura Beauty Solutions.

I am 54 & have some really bad skin problems with scaly dry patches that most foundations soak into & magnify. "Revlon ColorStay Active Light" is the only one I've found that moisturizes & doesn't make my dry patches worse & it doesn't go into my lines either. Sometimes I will mix it with a darker or lighter shade of "CoverGirl Smoothers" (a tinted moisturizer) when I need it darker or lighter depending the time of year. The CoverGirl Smoothers is more transparent than the "Revlon ColorStay Active Light", but you may like it as well.

This is my top favorite: (but not easy to find in stores, I buy it on the internet)
http://www.revl  ight-Makeup.aspx
If you order it & are not happy with the color, mix it with a tiny bit of darker or lighter shade of another brand of makeup. I have done this.

* A note, they recently change the formula of the "Revlon ColorStay Active Light" (adding SoftFlex") so I hope it still performs the same way)... This makeup performed well even when I had hotflashes in the middle of summer! It also has an SPF 25 which means you won't need sunscreen too!

Where to Buy:
http://www.goog  c3307f2acf3aeb36

A List of the Very Best Foundations:
http://www.beau  s-on-the-market/
Foundations for Very Dry Skin:
http://www.skin  php?topic=3727.0
You may find this product interesting as well, but it will not moisturize:
http://www.amaz  nce_bt_ai_-2_t_2

This info was also posted on the web:
"I have dry skin, which is also sensitive. I use Visibly Even by Neutrogena. I Shake the bottle, put on a few dots on my face, put some Evian water on my fingers and spread. Most days it looks good. I do this after I apply Eucerin redness relief moisturizer, SPF15. Tried Revlon Age Defying makeup, but it just doesn't move well on my skin."

More Info:
If you rarely buy makeup, you may not be aware that these days ALL drug store & department stores allow you to return any makeup for ANY reason whatsoever (opened & used, or not opened) even if you just don't like the color or consistency. This is because they don't have testers. The drug stores simply return the opened packages to the cosmetic companies. As with any store, if you have a receipt, you get your money back, without you can only exchange.

Keep trying different makeup & returning it until you find the exact brand & shade that works for you. Don't feel strange about returning makeup because it's quite common these days. The cosmetic companies know that once you find a brand you love, you will continue buying it & tell all your friends (like I just told you about Revlon ColorStay Active Light) but watch-out, your makeup could be discontinued at any time & you'll only find it on the web in the "close-out" sites.

* Before you buy expensive makeup at a department store, ask for a sample. I simply tell them I have very sensitive shin that breaks out easily. They would rather give you a sample in a small container than having you return the whole bottle later on. Department stores sell their makeup for $30 on up (2 to 4 times the price of drugstore makeup) but you can go from counter to counter & get a sample of what you need from 5 or 6 brands then go home & try a different brand each day. If you have a Nordstrom near you, they are known for outstanding customer service & always give out test-samples!

* Most make up will look better, last longer, show fewer pores & not show fine lines as much if you use a primer under your makeup & over your moisturizer if you wear one.

* I see that many ThriftyFun women swear by powdered mineral makeup & I also use it once in a while, but I find it dries my skin out. I will sometimes use it as a concealer. I use a tiny paintbrush to just cover my zits or red blotchy areas when I don't feel like using makeup on my whole face. If your skin is sensitive, read the ingredients & be sure to choose a brand without any Talc!