Getting Rid of Moles in the Yard

Would anyone know how to help get rid of moles in my yard? They're turning it into a sponge. I've tried all the commercial products and the spinner things to no avail.

By Crystal F.

Best Answer

Getting rid of moles is a problem for a lot of people. I learned if you have moles you have grubs which is a white worm that lives under your grass and you would never know they were there until you see the moles, and they are what the moles feed on.

I found by running a rolling spike across your lawn which puts holes in your lawn, which is called an aerator (you can probably rent one or borrow one from someone who has a farm). This helps with the getting rid of the grubs which you will then have to buy some Grub Ex at your local home improvement store. Spread it over the lawn using a spreader with the holes in the ground.

It makes it easier for the grub ex to get into the ground to do what it was made to do, get rid of the grubs. The primary goal here is to get rid of the grubs first and once you get rid of them you get rid of the moles.

Works, kitty poop retrieved from litter box into hole or tunnel. Another is to have your husband pee in a bucket at night or if you have a shed he can close the door and use a bucket or some container. Pour over dirt mound. They move out. I hear you laughing. You have to admit, it is natural and it doesn't cost a bunch. Have fun with it, start a business if you like.

Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
Home and Garden Pest Control Moles and GophersJuly 26, 2011
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants