Removing Odors from T-shirts

My husband's shirts have a bad smell along the neckline. They are mainly t-shirts. I have tried to wash them and even tried Shout, but nothing works. The smell is kind of like strong hair dye, but nobody at home dyes their hair. I wash his shirts along with the other clothes but his are the only ones that smell. I have also tried not sticking them in the dryer but that doesn't work either. Is there anything anyone can recommend for the smell?

By Amelia from Buena Park, CA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

My husband sweats a lot and I use Dynamo Detergent and baking soda in the wash, after soaking them in Oxy-clean. It works.

My husband works out, and when he does his clothes are horrible. I love him just not the stink. LOL. This is what I use... I normally buy it at academy sporting good store. I have also heard simple green works, and pinol it is a green bottle that is in the house cleaning at wlamart or any other store.

http://prowashd  nt.com/?q=node/7

I use plain white vinegar in the rinse cycle for smelly clothes and with a big guy and a toddler I used to have a lot of smelly clothes.

I use oxyclean and a large bucket. I disolve about 1/4 cup of oxyclean in my bucket of water and add any smelly or stained clothes to it. Let it set (sometimes several days) as least 30 minutes and then add it, water and all to my washer when I get ready to do laundry. I find this is brightens my clothes, as well as making them smell good.

I don't have a laundry tip for you. But this did remind me of when my sons were using acne medicine, and their tee shirts were discolored around the neck, and some of the towels in the bathroom developed botches. This was caused by the acne medicine, and the stuff seemed to flow down their necks when they sweated, and actually bleach out the necks of their shirts. This didn't appear until after laundering. Anyway, my point, and I do have one, is that perhaps your husband is using some medication or after shave or something that is reacting with his perspiration and causing this smelly residue. Investigate that possibility, and maybe you won't have to deal with the laundry issue.

My husband is a roofer so I'll say no more. ;) I wash his clothes separately and add baking soda in the wash.

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingSeptember 8, 2010
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
large couch
Removing Odors from Furniture
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 22, 2017 at 6:31:00 AM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.