Reviews of Stove Top Waffle Irons

I was looking at the catalog for a store called Lehman's. It is in Ohio (worth a visit!) and caters to the Amish. They have a couple of stove-top waffle irons. Everything I've ordered from them has been good. I am wondering if anyone uses one of these irons. You bake the waffles on the stove top. If you know about these, of any brand, please let me know. It makes standard breakfast waffles, not pizzelles. Thank you.

By Copasetic 1 from North Royalton, OH

I don't know anything about Lehman's but I have an antique cast iron one, and it worked great. Only thing is you have to watch carefully, and learn to adjust the heat beneath it just right so they don't burn. We used to use it in our travel trailer all the time.

I, like WeeWillie, also use an antique cast iron waffle iron on the stove top. It was made for use on a wood stove, and I have used it on a gas range and with an electric stove. If these are new cast iron ones, there should be no difference from the antique kind. You would have to follow directions for seasoning a new cast iron one, or an old one that had dried out. I am sure that a new cast iron waffle iron would have instructions about how to season it. My antique one is absolutely non-stick. It is a joy to use.

I will have to look and see if this one is cast iron. What I'm hoping is that they make the waffles nice and crispy on the outside, and light and tender on the inside. I'd like to use it for camping also. Thank you for your advice.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Kitchen CookwareJanuary 13, 2011
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Curling Irons and Flat Irons
Storing Curling Irons and Flat Irons
Smooth Stove Top
Cleaning Stains on a Smooth Stove Top