Getting Gasoline Smell out of Van

How can you remove odor from gasoline spill on carpeting in van?

Zionchief from Zion, IL

Filter Sort

By Lynn Marler 43 117 Flag

I heard that you can dampen the carpet (like with a spray bottle of water) and then sprinkle fresh, unused coffee grounds on it and leave for at least a few hours (overnight would probably be better). Then vacuum it up.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Shampoo carpet very well, may have to do a couple of times, when completely dry sprinkle dried fresh coffee grounds on that area, may have to leave for a couple of weeks, don't dampen as the coffee will stain the carpet. I have used it successfully for removing cat urin from floor.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have a new van and it smells like dirty socks and i cant get rid of the smell. Ive washed the carpets 4 times cleaned the seats and it is still there

I NEED HELP

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

My parents spilled a gas container with about 6 gallonds of gas in it and it has been smelling like gas for the past month or 2 I need help

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Soak the area where the gasoline was spilled with Dawn detergent and water (about the same mixture you would use to wash dishes) and allow to soak for several minutes. With a wet/dry vac vacuum out the spent detergent, and rinse with plain water several times. Then wet the area with a 30 part water, 1 part OdorXit Concentrate mixture and allow to dry naturally.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

So Simple! Slice up a few raw potatoes, skins and all and layer over gas smell. Leave for a day (or nite).

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Try the advice at

http://www.ehow.com/how_4503756_rid-gasoline-odor-carpet.html

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

You will need Dawn Dish Detergent, plenty of water, Shop vac , and DL Permatex Hand Cleaner. All I did was, Shampoo carpet about 3 to 4 times with dawn dish washing liquid, vacuum out, then I smeared DL Permatex Hand Cleaner in erea and let it sit for about 20 min then vacuum it out. Then your choice of air freshener, referable. frebreeze

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Getting Gasoline Smell out of Van

My mom spilled some gas in the back of her minivan on the carpet. Any suggestions on how to get the smell out?

Wendy from Wescosville

Answers:

RE: Getting Gasoline Smell out of Van

Try baking soda, pour on, let stand, vac out next day. Or try something like Fabreze. You might need to actually use a carpet cleaner like Resolve to remove the gasoline from the rug. (05/28/2004)

By Linda

RE: Getting Gasoline Smell out of Van

I just had the same thing happen to me but almost a whole gallon spilled on the back mat. Even though I think most all was contained on the mat which I have removed, the van stinks. I tried "Capture" carpet cleaner which is similar to the baking soda idea (I didn't use the spray part of it, just the sprinkle-on stuff to absorb any splattered gasoline) and then I've been keeping the back hatch open as much as I can. I noticed the best result yesterday as it was a windy day and I think some of it must have evaporated--but I think I still have a ways to go. Thinking of just tossing the mat as it really reeks! (09/29/2004)

By Lori

Home and Garden Cleaning AutoAugust 23, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Gasoline Can
Removing Gasoline Smell from Shoes
Disposing of Old Gasoline, Red gas can.
Disposing of Old Gasoline
Wooden bookshelf.
Removing Gasoline Smell from Wood Furniture
Pouring Gasoline from Gas Can
Removing Gasoline Smell on Skin
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 11:38:55 AM on 10.0.1.210 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

AnswersArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings