Zingy Macaroni Salad Recipe

I am searching for recipe to put on Dreamfield pasta to make a macaroni salad. I used to like my mom's, followed her recipe and found it bland. I want to make it with a bit more zing and nothing I've added seems to perk it up. Thanks so much in advance.

By Joan from Norwell, MA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

My mom always added some horseradish when she wanted to put a little zip in the mac salad or cole slaw.

Macaroni Shrimp Salad

4 cups cooked macaroni

1 bunch green onions chopped

1 red bell pepper diced

3 stalks celery diced

1 small jar marinated artichokes with juice, chopped bite size

1/2 cup sliced stuffed green olives

2 cups small frozen cooked shrimp, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid

1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped

1/2 cup mayo

1 tbs horseradish

juice of 1 lime

Mix all together and chill. This is good served on a bed of lettuce with hard boiled egg slices, cucumber slices, tomato slices, etc. and serve with a slice of garlic bread. A good dinner for summer.

This is a recipe that I invented. I had a shrimp salad in a restaurant that was very bland. I told my husband that I could make a better one and this is the result.

Food and Recipes Recipes Salads PastaJune 29, 2010
tuna macaroni salad
Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipes
Chicken Macaroni Salad
Chicken Macaroni Casserole Recipes
Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Uncooked Macaroni
Converting Dry Macaroni Measurements
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:36:38 PM on 10.0.2.236 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.