Hanging Pictures on Brick

I have a picture 20" X 28 1/2" that I would like to hang over my brick fireplace. How would I go about doing this? Alan

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Our fireplace is stone, Alan. And we had the same concern. The picture we wanted to hang was reasonably heavy (framed). We have a drill, asked at the local hardware store for advice on drill bits and made a hole in the mortar. Therafter, we used a special kind of non-slip bolt (recommended by the fellow at the hardware store). It's working wonderfully well, no slippage, no cementing the bolt in (although we were told to consider it). The next people who own this place will likely want to hang something in that spot, too (so we didn't worry about making an irreparable hole).

Good luck!

Cheers,

Rose Anne

I used big wooden toothpicks that were inserted into chinks in the mortar of a brick chimney to successfully hang a few items

-- not saying this would work for everyone or every item - but it did for me :)

Man Hanging Picture Frame
Hanging Pictures
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
man painting brick
Painting or Staining Brick
A picture frame on a plaster wall.
Hanging Pictures on Plaster Walls
brick walkway with host
Removing Olive Oil Stains on Brick
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 10:42:28 PM on 10.0.0.129 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.