Removing Olive Oil Stains on Brick

Category Stains
Because of the porous makeup of brick removing oil stains can be a challenge. This is a guide about removing olive oil stains on brick.

How do I get olive oil off of my red brick walkway? The bottle accidentally broke and spilled. It left a large oil stain which is really noticeable. Thanks.

By Peg from Chicago, IL

I think maybe hot water & soap will do the job,if not use some bleach,good luck.

Try spreading some kitty litter onto the spot then scrub after a while.

I would hit the area with a degreaser, as what you want to do is break up the oil so that it can be washed away. Start with a spray on, like 409 or maybe a more commercial type degreaser, and let it sit for a while; power wash it off with a hose.

And if none of that works, nature will take care of it eventually.