Make Chocolate Bowls For Serving Dessert

If you love chocolate and any sweet treats, this will make your friends say "Wow, how unique"! You can make your own chocolate "bowl" for your treat so easily.

You take a bowl and turn it upside down, cover it with Saran Wrap, melt any type of chocolate, white, semisweet, sweet, etc. and melt it, then "paint it" when it's melted over your upside down saran wrap covered bowl, then freeze it. Once it's frozen, gently remove saran wrap from the bowl and you have your own chocolate bowl to put whatever you desire into!

It's very pretty as the saran wrap crinkles, the chocolate creates it's own personal textures. Then you have your 2 desserts in one. Yes, your friends and family can eat the bowl as well, very cool!

Source: Husband, kids, grandkids who love chocolate. I just saw Paula Dean doing a type of it today on Food Network! We have done it in many different ways as to types of bowls for the different looks as well as white and milk chocolate mixed for pretty variations!

By Scottsmar from Stuart, Florida

Top Comment

I have been teaching cake decorating and candy making for thirty years. The simplest and quickest method to make chocolate bowls is to blow up balloons, dip each in chocolate and place on a wax-paper covered cookie sheet. You can either put them in the freezer for five minutes or if it is cold outside, place them outside or in your garage for five minutes. If you want a sturdier bowl, you can dip it twice. And of course, you can decorate it by turning it over and drizzling a little colored chocolate across the bottom of the bowl. It is a little tricky to pull out the balloon. I pierce the balloons with scissors and let all the air out. Then I start at one side of the bowl and gently peel away the balloon. Once it starts peeling away, it usually comes right out. I often fill them with fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.

I saw something like this this on TV. The person blew up balloons , dipped them half way into melted chocolate. Then they were put in the freezer until set. Pop the balloon for a perfect chocolate bowl.

I make chocolate spoons at Christmas time to use with hot chocolate. I melt chocolate almond bark in the microwave according to package directions; dip plastic spoons into the melted chocolate; place on a sheet of waxed paper to harden. I tie a small holiday ribbon at the top of the spoon handle and place them in a snowman coffee cup and set on a tray with my "Hot Chocolate" pot, marshmallows and chocolate sprinkles and whipped cream. Very festive and children enjoy using the chocolate spoons; some children just eat the chocolate off the spoons.

Making a Bowl Out of Chocolate
Making a Bowl Out of Chocolate
Food and Recipes Food Tips CandyAugust 19, 2009
Waffle Bowls
Purchasing Ready Made Waffle Bowls
Making Fabric Bowls
Making Fabric Bowls
Chocolate fondue
Chocolate Fondue Recipes
Wood Salad Bowl
Caring For Wood Salad Bowls
🎄