Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Can I Freeze Cherry Tomatoes?

How do you freeze cherry tomatoes?

By Linda Z. from St Louis, MO

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By B.08/18/2009

Hi, I just pack them into clean ice cream or milk cartons after washing, [I never freeze in plastic anymore] If ever I am in doubt about freezing anything, I just throw a couple in the freezer & check 1 or 2 days later.

By Anonymous [848]08/18/2009

Just wash them, dry well and place in plastic baggies or containers. It's as easy as that but will only be able to use for cooking or baking because they become sort of mushy after freezing :-)

Here are questions related to Can I Freeze Cherry Tomatoes?.

Question: Freezing Cherry Tomatoes

How do I freeze cherry tomatoes?

By Hazie

Most Recent Answer

By Diana Albers [7]09/08/2011

I remember my grandma use to make tomato juice with her cherry tomatoes, she first put in hot water (boiling) for a few minutes then ran through a food mill to get rid of the seeds and skins, she used to fill in old whiskey bottles and sealed with hot pariffin wax. May not even have been the safest way to do things but none of us died or got sick from that.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Can I Freeze Cherry Tomatoes?

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do with my cherry tomatoes? I have given some away, but am wondering if they can be frozen. I don't want to can them or any of that, just freeze them after washing them off.

Dede from NW Arkansas

RE: Can I Freeze Cherry Tomatoes?

I've been washing and freezing unblanched cherry tomatoes for years. Just before you use them, run some hot water over them and the skins will fall off. I also do this with my regular tomatoes if I don't have time to process the batch. Just make sure you freeze them after they are completely dry and then you can keep them from freezing together. Good luck. (07/25/2006)

By tootic

RE: Can I Freeze Cherry Tomatoes?

One year I had an abundance of cherry tomatoes. I didn't want the task of peeling them to can. I washed them and put them in a blender (or you could use food processor) peeling and all and turned it on. I had lovely pureed tomatoes for use in spaghetti sauce or soup. You couldn't tell the peelings were even there. I then froze them in appropriate size containers. Worked great. (07/27/2006)

By spesialangel