Store Kitchen Appliance Cords in a Coffee Can

I have various electrical appliances with detachable electrical cords. I didn't really like storing the cords inside the appliances because of scratching and didn't like them lying around in my cupboards or drawers. So, I was looking at this pile of electrical cords and was trying to come up with something to store them in. I had just finished off my coffee and had an empty container sitting there. The lightbulb went off! I cleaned out the container and put all the electrical cords inside. I wrote "electrical cords" on the outside of the container and now whenever I am using my rice cooker, one of my electric skillet, my fry daddy, etc.; I just pull out the container and get the appropriate cord and plug in my appliance.

This way the inside of my appliances don't get scratched, the cords are not laying around in my cupboards or drawers, and there is one less coffee can in the landfills. Plus, I don't worry about my toddler getting the cords and hurting himself with the pokey ends. It works for me, maybe this could work for you.

Source: Me, myself and I.

By kurlyque from Northern California

Very smart idea! The only thing I might add would be (for those like me that can never remember "what's this cord go to?") to maybe use a label maker to tell what appliance the cord goes to.

God Bless,

Sheila in Cocoa, FL

Another good way to store electrical cords, including your curling iron, electric rollers, and hair dryer, is using your empty toilet tissue roll. You can cover it with contact paper, or, leave it like it is- also write on the outside what appliance. I have used mine for years and is so convenient!

I write on my black cords with a silver Sharpie or a liquid paper pen. White cords a regular black Sharpie