Wipe Down Shower After Using

There are all sorts of products (purchased and homemade) for cleaning showers, but I don't use anything on my ceramic tile shower walls except for an old towel. When I finish my shower, I wipe down the walls with a small, old towel. It takes less than a minute.

I've lived in my condo for 16 years, and have never had to wash the shower walls, except when I first moved in. The grout and caulk are beautifully white, there are no water or soap spots anywhere, and the faucet and handle are still sparkling. Our water is very hard here, with a tendency to stain, but not in my shower. Of course, I do clean the tub. I live alone, and I realize that "training" family members to do this may present a problem, but it's definitely worth it.

By marivan from Waukesha, WI

You are so right that wiping down the walls makes all the difference. I also have a squeegee that can be used on the walls instead of the towel. The last person that showers in the morning is really the only one who needs to swab the walls.

August 19, 2010 Flag

My Mom taught me something invaluable that I wish to pass on to folks who have glass shower doors. After taking a shower, wipe down the inside of the shower door. This will prevent water spots, any kind of build-up, and the door will look like new forever. Also wipe down any chrome fixtures, as they get pitted from water stains over time.

By Hearts1 from San Diego, CA

Answers:

Wipe Down Shower Door After Showering

To keep a shower door looking new, apply a thin coat of RainX to the door. Water and scrum just slide off. (06/21/2008)

By ggmsmolly

Wipe Down Shower Door After Showering

I make a mixture of vinegar, jet dry, dawn dish soap and water. Then I spray the shower down every time the shower is used. (03/22/2009)

By bethaliz6894

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomAugust 19, 2010
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🎉
🎄