Reuse Packaging From Deliveries

I have a family member who sells very often on eBay. She is in constant need of boxes and package materials. I work as an in-store merchandiser and come into contact with many boxes and plastic bags which contain products to display in store. Instead of placing these items in the trash, I keep the boxes and bag up all the plastic into different size plastic bags. This is excellent material for her to protect her items when she gets ready to ship. It provides cushion and keeps items from rattling around in the boxes. And being very lightweight, it doesn't add weight and keeps her shipping prices lower. Not only it this being frugal and helping our planet, I also have a very grateful cousin. And it makes me feel good knowing how I am helping.

By Tricia from Ridgeway

Good thinking. Tell her she can also order free boxes on the USPS website. www.usps.com They have all different size priority boxes in bundles of 10 or 25, as many bundles as she needs, and they will deliver them to her for free, no cost for the boxes or the delivery! It's got great stuff! And if she uses their 'click-n-ship' for online postage it will save her money too!

I love your generosity and green thinking, Tricia. Thumbs up!

Our vet's office gets supplies delivered weekly. The boxes that the food and supplies are delivered in are great for moving boxes, and the bubble wrap great for shipping.

The Styrofoam boxes, and ice packs that medical vaccines are delivered in are great for summer days at the beach or daylong concert. Just throw them away when you're done, no hauling stuff home!

By Jazzyjuls from Ellicott City, MD

Answers:

Reuse Packaging From Deliveries

Check with the company that picks up your trash and ask if you can recycle all that material. (02/05/2010)

By OliveOyl

Reuse Packaging From Deliveries

Any box can be broken down, turned wrong side out, and you have a nice 'brown' box with no writing or labels on it. All you have to do then is to tape it back together. I've done this to mail packages. (02/09/2010)

By Doris40