Ink Stains on Polyester Clothing

How do I get ink stains out of polyester clothing?

Scot from Wilburton, OK

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You can try saturating the stain with hair spray and letting it sit a minute before rinsing it off. You may have to try it several times.

A word of caution, I have only done it with cotton; but it works like a charm, and don't panic if the stain seems to spread. It did on mine as well, but then all came out.

There is a product called Carbona, it has different numbers for different stains. Find the number that matches your stain and use it. I bought a very nice blouse from the thrift store and was able to get off the makeup stains that were on it, with this product. It only costs about $2.50 and you can find it in your regular grocery store.

I had a red pen explode on my hands and all over a pair of beige polyester pants. I used hairspray and blotted the ink with pieces of toiled paper until all the ink came out. It took some time, and a bit of hairspray. It was a lot of ink, but it worked and I saved the pants! I've never tried rinsing them with water between hairspray squirts; I wasn't sure if the water would make the hairspray not work well.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsNovember 10, 2008
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
A woman ironing clothing.
Ironing Polyester Clothing and Fabric
Ironing Polyester
Removing Shiny Iron Marks on Polyester Clothing
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:30:38 PM on 10.0.2.236 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.