Ink Stains on Polyester Clothing

How do I get ink stains out of polyester clothing?

Scot from Wilburton, OK

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You can try saturating the stain with hair spray and letting it sit a minute before rinsing it off. You may have to try it several times.

A word of caution, I have only done it with cotton; but it works like a charm, and don't panic if the stain seems to spread. It did on mine as well, but then all came out.

There is a product called Carbona, it has different numbers for different stains. Find the number that matches your stain and use it. I bought a very nice blouse from the thrift store and was able to get off the makeup stains that were on it, with this product. It only costs about $2.50 and you can find it in your regular grocery store.

I had a red pen explode on my hands and all over a pair of beige polyester pants. I used hairspray and blotted the ink with pieces of toiled paper until all the ink came out. It took some time, and a bit of hairspray. It was a lot of ink, but it worked and I saved the pants! I've never tried rinsing them with water between hairspray squirts; I wasn't sure if the water would make the hairspray not work well.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsNovember 10, 2008
A woman ironing clothing.
Ironing Polyester Clothing and Fabric
A newspaper on a wood table.
Removing Newspaper Ink from Wood Furniture
Ironing Polyester
Removing Shiny Iron Marks on Polyester Clothing
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 4:01:31 PM on 10.0.1.163 in 651 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.