Save Plastic Fruit Containers For Storing Small Items

My wife buys Dole mandarin oranges for my son. The jars the oranges are packed in are a durable plastic, and the label is the kind that can be easily and completely removed. Since it is not glass (and therefore unbreakable), these jars will make great storage for all manner of things in a workshop, sewing room, etc.

By Roger from Hampton, VA

I save both my glass jars to use for foods (raisins, nuts, etc) and plastic ones to use too. Free storage containers are wonderful. I buy Miracle Whip at Sams in a large plastic jar that makes a great canister for my tea bags. It's amazing at all the wonderful ones a person gets for free--and they're food safe plastic too.

The little plastic containers that babyfood comes in now are great-and they have snap on lids!

Or use them to pack homemade goodies in for gift giving events.

Anyone a fan of Crystal Light? or those drinks that have the little pre-measured cups? I wash then out and put my ketchup and other condiments in them. Or, I use them for holding paint.

I'm sure you can do the same with the fruit cups.

Reusing Food Packaging, Junk Foods
Reusing Food Packaging
Organizing AdviceNovember 21, 2007
Plastic Food Containers
Removing Stains from Plastic Food Containers
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Pile of red cherries.
Storing Cherries
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers