Planning an 18th Birthday Party

I'm Alyssa and I'm turning 18 in a month. For my party I want an Arabian theme party. We have a place at the Holiday Inn hotel, but the food there is really expensive. I also can't bring food into the hotel, so I was thinking of just having family over before the party and eating at my house. Would that be weird if I did that?

Please help me!

By Alyssa from La Habra, CA

Go for it no-one will mind because everyone will understand hoe tight things are at the moment. They will just be happy to celebrate with you!

I f they are not happy with it why are they on the guest list. You could even start a new trend

Ayesha!

I am a mobile dj for parties and weddings. The best thing to do is to find a venue that can bring your own food. If you are going to have it at your house, you will need to cut down on your guest list and probably lower your expectations.

If you can find a hall, such as a lodge, a hotel that doesn't cater, a recreation center, or a clubhouse at an apartment complex or condo building, that will be your best bet.

When it comes to the food, you can easily do it yourself. If you are doing a full dinner, find a store like GFS Marketplace or Sam's Club. They will have trays and things you need for larger groups. BUT if you are just doing finger foods, you have more options.

My experience with teen parties, with the exception of Quinces or Sweet 16s, there's not alot of eating going on. Pizza will even work! In fact, it's hard to get the teenagers to eat. Focus more on the decor and music.

Good Luck!

I am a local party planner and specialize in creating custom themed events on a budget. For themed parties, decor is very important for setting the mood. You should really concentrate on bringing in fabrics, pillows, etc... for an Arabian style. To do food on a budget, consider doing appetizers/finger foods instead of a sit-down dinner. Stay away from more expensive items with meats like lamb or chicken skewers and instead have the hotel do platters of different flavors of hummus and pita or flatbread. Guests will enjoy trying the different flavors and because they are made of garbanzo beans, they are much less expensive than a meat appetizer. You might also consider a cucumber salad or something of the sort. If you are set on serving dinner and you have room at your home, why not save the money and skip the hotel altogether? Spend the extra money on creating the right atmosphere. Start collecting rugs, jeweled pillows, blankets now by shopping discount and import stores. I'd be happy to help you with more ideas. Good luck! :o) Jennifer

What is going on at the party beside eating and music? To have moving venue parties is a good way to have a wet blanket party. Meaning options for more people to just leave it completely. Many places have other options that allow you to have music, party and your own food. Much cheaper too. Local suites/hotels in our area let you party at the pool size as long as you rent 1 room. Many parties are done this way, from young kids to teens.

18th birthday cake and lit candles
18th Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJune 13, 2010
teen dancing
Planning a Dance Birthday Party for Teens
Blue letter blocks spelling out happy birthday.
17th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Luxury Teen Birthday Party
Planning A Luxury Teen Birthday Party
🎉
🎄