Cleaning Starch from Clothing

Laundry starch can be removed from clothing fairly easily. This is a guide about cleaning starch from clothing.

Starched Shirt
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

OK, after total frustration and desperation I put 2 pair of heavily starched jeans in the washer, on warm, added 2 cups of Advanced Finish dishwasher detergent and 2 cups of cider vinegar. I washed them for approximately 30 min. and added 3 fabric sheets to the rinse. It was a miracle, almost all the starch is gone!

Source: None

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do you get starch out of blue jeans that have been starched so stiff they can stand up by themselves? They've been through the wash at least three times and they are still stiff. The jeans were from my husband's nephew, who likes them starched that much.

By CJ from Rural NM

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have you tried adding fabric softener to the rinse cycle and then just let them soak for a few minutes before continuing the final spin cycle?

Read More Answers...

I have spray starch burnt onto my iron. I burnt the spray starch and then ironed it onto clothes.
    How do you get the burnt spray starch off clothes?

Thank you.

By Mai from CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is a tough one. First of all, try never to iron unless your iron is spotlessly clean. Prevention :). Now, as to the ironed on crust stuff, about the best way to get it off is to pick off with your fingers, tweezers or a knife (carefully) most of the crusted stuff and then spray and wash, or other cleaner, scrub with your fingers and then hope for the best. It might take some repeated tries to completely get if off also. It will also eventually come off in the wash (repeated washes) if it wasn't a huge amount to begin with.

Read More Answers...
    Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingMarch 14, 2013
    starched blue dress shirt
    Starching Clothing
    Starching Curtains
    Starching Curtains
    Corn Starch
    Uses for Corn Starch
    sweat stain on dark clothing
    Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 1, 2016 at 3:36:29 AM on 10.0.1.132 in 351 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.