Recycling Styrofoam Packing

I'm in Honolulu, HI (Island of Oahu) and looking for some place to recycle Styrofoam packing material.

By 808lovinlife from Honolulu, HI

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

If you have a lot of styrofoam packaging peanuts, take them to a warehouse that uses them for packing items in to customers. Just call around and I'm sure some business would love to have them and make good use of it.

Att: William Young,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Tim O'Brien . Iam VP of sales for O'Brien Packaging in North Canton, Oh.

I found your request saying you where looking for someone to recycle styrofoam . I am currently looking for people like yourself who has the capability to handle ALL the styrofoam you can send me by truckloads if necessary. Please feel free to contact me directly anytime the first of the week. My

cell Phone #-330-705-8496. I look forward to hearing from you.I can gointo details when you call.

Thank you, Tim O'Brien

I've seen in UPS stores signs that they take packing peanuts back for recycling.

Freecycle is an online site that matches up people who have things that would otherwise be thrown away twith people who can use them. When I moved I got many moving boxes, paper, styrofoam etc. this way. Merlene

April 24, 2009 Flag

I am in the Atlanta Metro area, and looking for someplace to recycle Styrofoam packing material.

WilliamY

Answers:

Recycling Styrofoam Packing

Check out the below link

http://www.epspackaging.org/info.html
(07/14/2004)

By Christine

Recycling Styrofoam Packing

Try places like Mail Boxes, Etc., (if you have those in your area). Also, foam peanuts are great for using in the bottom of large flower pots. It helps with the drainage, reduces the amount of dirt you need, and makes the pot lighter for moving. Maybe you could interest a neighbor or garden club if you don't have any luck with the mailing stores. (07/15/2004)

By Ann

Recycling Styrofoam Packing

http://www.loosefillpackaging.com/ (06/02/2006)

By Nathan

Recycling Styrofoam Packing

You can take it to a UPS store. They reuse it. (09/14/2007)

By Erin

Recycling Styrofoam Packing

Look to local hobby and craft stores. A buddy of mine told me about that. Often time hobbyists and crafters will use Styrofoam in making their crafts (model building, wreathes, flower arrangements). Sometimes these stores will take your unwanted Styrofoam and put it in a "grab-bag" for people to take who need it.

Moving companies, food stores, electronic stores, mail rooms, and industrial areas gladly take it too, for packaging. Finally, for very large, high quality sheets of Styrofoam you may be able to sell it on e-bay to the same people. I hope this was helpful. (11/24/2007)

Recycling Styrofoam Packing

Please see www.recycletechno.com. (02/25/2008)

By John

Recycling Styrofoam Packing

Atlanta, Thats an easy one. Check out these people and I think they can help you out.

PSI \ Wheaton Facility:
(404) 346-0696
5800 Wheaton Dr, S.W.
Atlanta, GA. 30336; USA (06/17/2008)

By Mark Wood

Recycling Styrofoam Packing

I'd also go to craigslist and post in the "for sale" and "free" section that you have packing peanuts you want to get rid of or vice versa, that you are looking for free peanuts. (09/28/2008)

By Susanne

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Styrofoam Packing Peanuts
Recycling Styrofoam
Better Living Green Living Recycling PlasticApril 24, 2009
Styrofoam Ice Chest
Crafts Using Styrofoam Ice Chests
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
Styrofoam Ball Ornament
Styrofoam Ball Ornament Ideas
Packing a Suitcase, Suitcase Ready for Travel
Packing a Suitcase
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 12:24:53 PM on 10.0.2.156 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.