Freezing Shepard's Pie Made With Previously Frozen Potatoes

Can I freeze mashed potatoes, thaw them, and re-mash them to make Shepard's Pie? Can I then freeze the Shepard's Pie? Will the twice frozen mashed potatoes taste O.K.?

Beverlyc from Natick

For mashed potatoes that can freeze use one egg for every six medium size potatoes. Make the mashed potatoes the way you like. When you are ready to freeze add the egg/s. Can freeze for one month. The day before you want to serve remove the frozen potatoes and defrost in the refrigerator. Bake until warmed through.

I have never made Shepard's Pie. I assume you could re-freeze, but I would think there would be a loss of flavor and texture. I would portion out the potato in the shape of the pan you intend to use and have it ready to defrost in the casserole when you intend to make it.

Try a small amount sometime and see what the flavor is. I don't care for frozen mashed potatoes one time let alone two, but that means nothing. I wouldn't leave them in the freezer for too long of a time, but a month or so should be ok.

Food and Recipes Freezing AdviceDecember 22, 2008
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes
Dish of mashed potatoes.
Freezing Mashed Potatoes
pecan pie
Freezing Pecan Pie
🎄