Musty Smell After Shampooing My Carpet

I just shampooed my carpet, two days later it has a musty smell. What can I use to get rid of the smell?

Angeldunkle from Forest City, NC

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

HI, USES BABY LAVENDER SHAMPOO IT SMELLS GREAT PUT IN SPRAY BOTTLE WITH WATER AND SPRAY IT ALL OVER THE CARPET

GOOD LUCK SHEILA.

Generously sprinkle the carpet with baking soda, let it sit overnight, then vaccuum the next day. This worked for us when my daughter's carpet got soaked when she knocked over her humidifier, and it got all musty! Giid Luck and God Bless!

Laura

Sounds like you didn't get all the water and cleaner up...maybe you should go back over it and see if you can extract more water.

Maybe you put too much down on the carpet.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetApril 21, 2007
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Old Stained Book Laying Open
Removing Musty Smell from Books
Musty Smelling Carpet
Cleaning Musty Smelling Carpets
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 13, 2016 at 4:36:31 PM on 10.0.1.46 in 776 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.