Bad Odors When Our Furnace Turns On

By Pam 3 3

Can someone help? We bought an older home that once housed 3 small boys. Now, whenever my furnace kicks on, there is a terrible urine odor in my bathroom. How do I get rid of this? I have tried bleach, pine and just about everything else. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Pam from WI

Showing: Answers Sort

By laurie 19 Flag

One of the little kidlets urinated in the heater vent..from the sounds of things....spray it down liberally with vinegar.....as this neutralizes amonia....you might just dump some in too...Kid was pretty ingenious! I wonder where he learned that one.......If it don't get it the first time keep spraying......just fill a spray bottle with vinegar I like the cider variety....not white...and start spritzing.....

Hugs

Ace's Nanna

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Take the vent cover off and wash it thoroughly, then wipe out with hot soapy water as much of the duct as you can safely reach. Then mix water and vinegar and wipe or spray down. As to how soon the odor is gone depends upon how much urine went around that vent!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Carrie 2 351 Flag

Use ZeroOdorPet. It's on the Internet.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Pam 3 3 Flag

Thanks for the suggestions. I DID take off the vent and cleaned it as far down as I could reach, but it didn't help. And I have tried cider vinegar; helps a little, but you can still smell it. I appreciate the suggestions, tho!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Paula 14 328 Flag

Try Urine Gone stain and odor eliminator that also comes with a black light to see where the stains are at. Call the Lakeside Collection at 1-847-444-3150, they sell it for $13.95.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Try 'Nature's Miracle'. It's a pet odor remover that really works! It works on cat urine odor and I believe it will remove your vent odor. Make sure you don't dilute it and spray it on liberally...making sure to get it as far down the vent as possible. It will dry by itself and is all natural. You can get this at most pet supply outlets like PetSmart

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Try BioWorld Odor Neutralizer. It is the best product I have found to get rid of any type of odor. It does not cover it up with flowery smells. It really works.

http://www.adbio.com/odor/odor-control.htm

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJanuary 26, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
large couch
Removing Odors from Furniture
Furnace Filter
Changing a Furnace Filter
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 7:43:46 PM on 10.0.0.139 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings