Crayon Stains in My Dishwasher

I mistakingly put 2 black crayons into my dishwasher. Now the inside of the dishwasher and the dishes have a black waxy film on them. Does anyone have any ideas on how to clean this?

Moey from Avon, MA

Best Answer

I did daycare many years ago and found that all of the scrubbing I did on walls or anything eles was a waste of time when I learned that just a shot or 2 of WD40 on a rag or paper towel just melts the crayon off and then you can clean it with any household cleaner or if in the dishwasher, just run a wash with your dishwasher soap after the WD40!

Best Answer

Do not use goo gone or goof off as it will melt the surface of the plastic and make your dishwasher pick up more stains and residue! WD40 is the way to go with crayons.

I am having the same situation as well. I decided to take the sprinkler and the inner working apart, then I applied boiling water and bleach to melt my blue art work.

I am open for any other suggestions.

My daughter also loaded the dishwasher incorrectly and rubber handled utensils were melted with a lot of black rubber on the entire dishwasher--the bottom --the door --the silver ware tray--the regular trays and all over parts of the working parts of the dishwasher. I tried everything to get the black rubber off with it only smearing and getting much worse. I used Goo Gone after hours and hours of trying everything else and it was like a miracle --99 % of the black rubber came right off with Goo-Gone

Could it be from the Cascade Rinse agent? We are using the Cascade Complete granulated dishwasher soap. How to clean that?