Removing Red Wax Stain from Carpet - Categories:

CarpetCleaning

Removing Red Wax Stain from Carpet

I spilled red candle wax on my cream carpet. I got up as much as I could but the red stain is still there. I am afraid to try the iron & bag method to remove it because I have heard heat sets the stain. Does anyone know how to remove it? Please help!

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

My son spilled over a large red candle today and this worked for me!

Scrape off and loosen by scraping with a spoon as much as possible.

Apply "Goof Off" and rub/brush in until wax seems dissolved.( A dark residue seemed to be left)

Make a paste with "Oxiclean" and hot water. Brush/rub in. Then I used my carper cleaner with hot water only and went over the stain several times to scrub and rinse. The whole stain disappeared after all these steps. The only drawback is the house smells from the fumes of the "Goof Off" for a while! Try burning more candles to reduce the odor!

Best Answer

My son just spilled a red I mean very red candle all over my tan almost white carpet let alone in a brand new home. So I panicked for a minute got on line and found the whole idea of using an iron and paper towel. I did and it worked although there is a bit of a pink stain so I then took the hair dryer and held it to the pink and took a paper towel and got more out.

There was still a little tinge so I grabbed Dawn and vinegar and I scrubbed with that I mean scrubbed and I think now that it is gone. Looks like it but I was also looking at the same spot for an hour.

But the iron method is great, very quick and easy it is just the actual dye that colors the candle.

Best Answer

There are two parts to this, the wax, + the red dye in the wax. A warm iron and paper towel gets wax out, about 90% of it. Then remove the rest of the wax with mild solvent like Goof Off. Don't rub hard- that wears carpet fibers. Rub with fingers or SMOOTH back of metal spoon-never a rough terry cloth. Then remove red dye w 2 C HOT water + 1 Tablespoon clear blue dish soap, work in, then soak up w 3 paper towels pressed with a med hot iron. Press hard + long, change towels as they soak color. Last resort: color-safe bleach diluted to 1/4 the strength given in the instructions for use in laundry. Rinse well w water in carpet steamer.

I asked my Mom, because I was a notorious clutz with candle wax back when I lived at home, and she said to take a large metal serving spoon and stick it in the freezer. Wait about 30 minutes and then use it to "scoop" off the wax. Best of luck to you.

Use paper towels and a warm iron. Place the towels over the waxy areas and apply iron. Paper towels will ablsorb the wax. You will have to test iron temperatures.

USED WARM IRON & PAPER TOWELS . IT WORKS!!!

SPRAY A LITTLE W-D FORTY WITH OLD RAG AFTER

YOU SHOULD NOT SEE A THING IT WORKS !!!

First heat up your iron and lay down two paper towels folded in half - set the iron on a steam setting and go over the spot several times and you will see the paper towel becoming discolored! in about two minutes and continuios strokes with the steamy iron your wax will be removed from the carpet! Really works great!

wow! the steam and paper towels is the ticket! i could not believe it! super A+++ Thank you!

I had red candle dye on a off white carpet. I tried the iron but it must have been to hot - it set in the color. Then I used "GOO GONE" and rubbed it with a clean white cloth. Rub hard for a while but it worked.

I had a horrible wax spill in my front room. The neighbor told me to take a brown lunch bag and an iron, heat up the iron and slowly go over the paper bag. The iron heats it up and the bag pulls the wax up.

Hi, I'm from Mexico and I´m very thankful for the tip it really worked for me.

Call an IICRC certified carpet company in you area and they can fix it without scrubing or mixing several products together which could have an adverse affect on your carpet. Most of the home remedies I've read will cause you more trouble.

I never post messages in forums, but felt compelled to share my results for others like myself who found this site in desperate need of advice. I dropped about 2 cups of fully melted, red candle wax on cream colored carpet. I didn't have paper towels in the house and was afraid the stains would set by the time I bought some.

I used white rags and a steam iron - it worked wonders! I sprayed the remaining stains with oxyclean carpet solution and also dabbed oxyclean laundry detergent directly on the stains. I was very lucky to have both on hand. I followed this up with several minutes of scrubbing with the carpet cleaner and the stains are gone! There is still a faint trace in some areas if I look closely, but this was a fast, free and effective solution!

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetJanuary 8, 2005
Melted Candle Wax
Removing Candle Wax from Carpet
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 23, 2016 at 11:20:01 PM on 10.0.2.250 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.