How Can I Tell If Dishes Are Food Safe?

Is there a way to know if some dishes that I bought are food safe? They have stickers that say "QC Q32" and "QC Q35." Those are the only identifying marks, other that that they are made in China. I purchased some of them at Marshall's and some at Ross.

Jo from Sonoma County, CA

If you have a microwave, test the dishes by microwaving for a few seconds, and if the dish is hot, DISCARD IMMEDIATELY!!! There is metal in there, and perhaps there is lead. Did you know that Andy Warhol probably died of lead poisoning, due to the lead in the red Fiesta Ware that he ate on constantly??? Not to mention the Biblical kings drinking wine from lead filled gold goblets. The microwave is the best test I can think of. Hope this helps.

My rule is: if the label doesn't brag about it, it is NOT food safe. If the label warns NOT to eat from it,

I won't. Even glass items can have lead. It's almost a science to learn to tell by looking, so just use common sense and this rule, too. God keep you safe and give you His wisdom about such things. : )

Most stores now have a warning SIGN on a shelf NEARBY saying that the dishes have lead in them. Have you heard of "Lead Crystal"? Like Waterford?? LEAD! If it comes from China,or other imports I wouldn't use it. Exception being England, I think. Not even sure about them anymore. Anyone know where I can buy USA made tableware/flatware? Hard to find anything not made in China or other countries now. Sad That we've come to this. Here is a link everyone should see. 800 Billion Dollars a year. An eye opener.GG Vi

recalls every week

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food SafetySeptember 17, 2006
curbside trash can
Tricks to Tell When the Trash Has Been Picked Up
Shelf Life of Canned Food
Shelf Life of Canned Food
Are the Dishes in the Dishwasher Clean or Dirty?
Cleaning Dishes
Cleaning Greasy Dishes