Tricks to Tell When the Trash Has Been Picked Up

I live in a very nice manufactured home park. We put our trash out the night before like everyone else. However, they pick up the trash anywhere between 7am and 4pm. Sometimes it's hard to tell without multiple trips out to lift the lid.

Now, by leaving a bit of the yellow or red bag handle out, I know when it's been picked up just by looking out the window. On blustery wet days, this is a real help.

More Solutions

When I bring my trash container to the curb I pull one of the garbage bag ties (usually red or orange colored) to the outside of the side of the container so I can see it from my window.

Trash can with pull tie showing.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceJuly 15, 2013
📓
🐛
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Tricks-to-Tell-When-the-Trash-Has-Been-Picked-Up.html