Tricks to Tell When the Trash Has Been Picked Up

It can sometimes be hard to tell whether your garbage can is ready to be brought back to the house from the curb. This guide contains tricks to tell when the trash has been picked up.

I live in a very nice manufactured home park. We put our trash out the night before like everyone else. However, they pick up the trash anywhere between 7am and 4pm. Sometimes it's hard to tell without multiple trips out to lift the lid.

Now, by leaving a bit of the yellow or red bag handle out, I know when it's been picked up just by looking out the window. On blustery wet days, this is a real help.

When I bring my trash container to the curb I pull one of the garbage bag ties (usually red or orange colored) to the outside of the side of the container so I can see it from my window. I know when the truck has picked up my trash when the tie is gone and I can bring the container back to my house.

By Louella from Billings, MT