I feel something is biting me in my bed, but can't see what it is.
It is likely bedbugs. I have just been listening to comments on the CBC, and apparently they are a real pandemic. They are terribly difficult and expensive to get rid of.
One thing that does work, but not instantly, and more as a preventative, is diatomaceous earth. There are many different brand names. You are supposed to spray this behind your baseboards. It destroys their exoskeletons and they die. However, if you already have them in your bed, you need more agressive measures. They are often resistant to bug sprays, and so an extiminator that uses steam may be what you need.
Do not fool around with bay leaves or cinnamon or any of those home remedies. If any of that stuff worked, bedbugs wouldn't be a problem.
Sounds like bedbugs to me. When we were kids we went to a house that some friends moved out of and got some quilts that they left behind and we put them on our beds and it was not long til we started getting bitten in the night on our legs and arms and we told our dad about it. He said, I bet you got a case of bedbugs from the quilts that you got from that house. Go and look around the mattress seams and such and see if there are any bugs there. Sure enough, there were bugs around the seams and buttons and he said go and get some kerosene and pour it around the seams and buttons and it will kill them. It did the job. Never again did we get any bedding and put it on our beds again.
I started to research online and realize that this is a common researched issue that exists but no one has answers. I was getting very discouraged after reading all these posts with no conclusion. Scared out of my mind that this was going to go on for the rest of my life. It got so bad that I was becoming delusional and seeing black spots in random places. I am not sure if that was due to lack of sleep because as you know it is hard to sleep when you are constantly being attacked by invisible biting bugs. I read some home treatments that I found to not really be useful. The one that did relieve me a little was putting a little bleach in my bath water. After my relentless online research, as now that seemed to be my only source for information I came across an article that talked about fungus spores. This was not even close to what I was researching but read it anyways. It lead me further into researching into "MOLD SPORES". I had no clue about them and read all about them. I was experiencing the same exact symptoms (crawling biting invisible bugs all day and night) that most of these people are searching online for. The problem is people are not researching the right information. I know because for the last week I was looking up "Invisible Biting bugs or parasites on my skin" and that led me nowhere.
Anyways, after reading what mold spores are, they symptoms are the same exact thing as what I was experiencing. House plants, cold water vaporizers, humidifiers, and dirty air vents can be sources of airborne mold spores, mildews, and bacteria that could cause skin reactions that feel like invisible bugs biting on your skin consistently. I went home and for some reason decided to check my humidifier that is on every night in my room that me my fiance and daughter share. What do you know, it was infested with mold (like 3 inches thick). We didn't know about changing the filters so we have this humidifier on every night from bedtime until we wake up blowing these bacterial mold spores on us infested us and our room. It can also be in your air conditioner which was my next filter that I changed that had mold but not as bad or in your house (water leak). It all made sense now! My boys were not exposed to my room so they didn't have any symptoms but we did because it was directly on us through the night and only
building and getting worse (I now feel like I have respiratory problems due to this and only time will tell with my daughter). The scabies treatment didn't work because we were exposed to this mold all the time. So I removed the humidifier and bleached down my room (immediately upon bleaching down
my bed they exploding onto my body like they were clinging for dear life. Bleach kills the suckers) and then took a bath with a little bleach and washed my body with a dandruff shampoo. I felt so cleansed and slept like a baby. It was the first time that I had relief and realized there was an end to this craziness that no one seems to know anything about. I read about dust mites, bird mites, skin parasites and researched relentlessly.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!