Itchy Bug Bites on My Fingers?

For several days now I keep getting bitten while I sleep. The first night I had some on my back and ankles and then it started getting worse, getting almost every bite on my fingers. They are really itchy sometimes. I suspect they are mosquito bites because the weather started getting warmer in my city, but at the same time I have a window screen and I don't know how they have gotten inside. I just want to be sure.

For the record, I am also on week 3 or week 4 Accutane and I heard this might be one of the side effects, how true is that?

Best Answer

It could be possible that's it's a side effect, but the likelihood of bug bites is probably bit higher. There are pretty small mosquitoes that can in fact get through widow screens but these bits are all too reminiscent of a bed bug out break that my daughter had & it took us a good while to figure it out. I suggest inspecting your mattress and bedding well and looking in all the cracks and crannies. Maybe even get an exterminator to come and treat your home.

Just did! Everything seems pretty normal. Should i mention that i also don't really have a 'bed' .

It's more like an extensible sofa. And also, the bug bites I just noticed they appeared on my back as well, maybe 1 or 2 on the neck.

What did you use on the bug bit?

Im getting bit bad by Last saturday it was very very intense itching but only btween my middle finger n index webbing at night.

How did your family rid these things. I have it fugured out but no one else is getting bit

We r disabled and our pension funds are low. Heat treatments are very expensive.

Best Answer

I think you're OK re this because you checked, but if you have bites on a 'track-like' pattern (IE all in a row) especially as you say on your back/neck, that appear the next morning, especially if it all started showing up 1 to 3 weeks after having been somewhere unusual or invited an unusual guest to your , not discount the possibility of bedbugs. Sometimes it is not obvious that this is a problem a month into the infestation because the buggers hide so well. But if you have checked very carefully your bedding area, inside the creases of where you sleep, and no found bug casings, of icky black spots on your sleeping quarters or (of course) seen actually small flat round brown bugs crawling around at night, then you're probably OK

this happened to me a few years ago a week or so after staying in a cheap motel in Ohio and I don't wish it on ANYBODY.

so the Accutane* bumps really are a thing, ecxema while your body gets used to it, and some people say they go away after a couple of months once your body gets used to the drug. Or obviously you could stop taking it a while and see if that makes it stop and then you'll have your answer

*accutane works by shrinking oil glands and slows down cell production within pores all which can have various odd skin side effects. That and other dire effects that I'm certain you already know are listed here www.byrdie.com/acctuane-side-effects

It could be any kind of mite. Some are small enough to get through window screens.

Put some Avon Skin So Soft Bath oil before you go to bed. It repels bugs.

Say no more! Thank you for your reply!

I just looked around for accutane bumps on hands and I see many many people posting very similar pics to yours. Also, if you have pets nearby, could be fleas. I'd go with the accutane, though. I'd show the doc.

Would be great! Thanks for your help!

*Don't have any pets

BugsMarch 28, 2018
📓
🐛
😷
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Itchy-Bug-Bites-on-My-Fingers.html