Scotchgard on a Leather Purse

My wife has the patchwork coach purse and I accidentally got Scotchgard on the leather. Now it is not stained but you can see the Scotchgard on it and I can't clean it off. Does anyone know how?

Bryan

ACK! Bring the purse to a professional cleaner. They'll know what (if anything) can be done.

This isn't tested, but what if you put it on the entire purse ? Would it all look the same then ? This is coming from someone that won't use a purse over $50 so use at your own risk :-)

I'd just Scotchgarded the entire purse! There should be no problem at all, especially if it's REAL leather. An old boyfriend of mine & I bought & restored a classic 1964 Harley Chopper. We rode it in the Seattle rain a lot of the time, so, twice each year, I'd scotch guard our leather jackets & chaps. I'd usually put on 3 or 4 dripping coats of scotch guard while the coats hung outside on the porch. This was the only way to really keep the rain off of you when you're on a bike. All this scotch guard never hurt the leather, & to this day, 15 years later my leathers STILL look like new. All that scotch guard never hurt them a bit!

* The scotchguard eventually sinks in to the leather. It may take several days to a week, but her purse will eventually be soft & supple, & not at all slippery.

I put it all over thr purse so no one can tell the difference.

This happened to me. There is a cure. I took wood cleaner that is called "Pledge Orange Oil" and using a cloth, sprayed the cloth, then applied it to the leather. Rub gently. It will solve the priblem. My bag looks great again. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who made this mistake.

I did the same thing, but when it dries ( after a couple of days ) u can see the stain again...so I'm using the oil on my couch every other day to hide the scotch guard stains. 

Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherMarch 4, 2008
Leather Purse
Cleaning Oil Stains on a Leather Purse
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Leather Wallet
Re-dyeing Leather
🎄