How Much Should a Chihuahua Weigh?

By mary smithv 2

How much should a chihuahua male dog weigh? He is now 7 months and weights 9.5 pounds. I got him at 10 weeks and he was 5.5 pounds then. Supposedly mom and dad were pure chihuahuas, but I don't think so. He looks mixed. I just want to know when their breed stops growing.

By Angel from Chicago

Showing: Answers Sort

By Robyn Fed 394 1,240 Flag

There is no way to tell, but he looks like a chi to me, such a sweetie!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Robbie 9 Flag

Wow! he is a big boy. did you look at the papers from the father and mother? or did you have a chance to see how big they were? He sure is a cute baby.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Betty 14 78 Flag

Have had Chihuahua's for years, and this is not a full blooded one. I would bet anything. It looks like a sweet dog, though, and I am sure you love it!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Glinda Marine 8 5 Flag

A chihuahua stops most of their growing at 6 months old. It may gain a tiny bit after that, but, just in body mass, their stature stops at @ 6 months. Your little guy isn't full bred, I have an old 9.5 pound chihuahua mix with pom. She is really fat. So, you're little guy is a mix, but, he's really really a cute one.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Misty 4 21 Flag

I have a chi too that had papers with him and he is about 8+ pounds now at 9 months old. He is kind of long in his body though. He has ears just like your little dog...nuthin' but ears really, LOL! I was not totally convinced that he was purebred, but like I said, she had the papers for him so dunno. But, he wont get any bigger than he is. You could always take him to the vet if you were really wanting to know.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cricket 205 895 Flag

The breed standard according to the AKC for a full grown chihuahua is no more than 6 pounds. If yours is bigger than this it is either over weight or not full chihuahua.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/chihuahua/

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By lavonneann 6 214 Flag

I have a female chihuahua and she weighs 9#s.She is full and only Chihuahua. I know this because I know the people who have the mama and papa.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cynthia Mullen 59 Flag

Looks a little bit mixed with a terrier maybe? Cute though.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 8:50:33 AM on 10.0.0.4 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.