Frugal Meatloaf

• 3 lbs. ground beef, I buy 90% fat free
  • 3 handfuls oatmeal
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 TBSP onion powder (DH won't eat onions)
  • 1 tsp garlic power
  • Ad
  • 1 TBSP Basil (optional)

We season upon eating as DH can't have pepper and I try to avoid salt but you could add to taste. Mix well with hands and pat into a circle. I put this into my crockpot over a rack that I made from bending a cheap cooling rack. I've also tried and like the new crockpot cooking bags. Cook on low 8 plus hours or on high for 4 hours.

For the first meal we had company and ate this with mashed potatoes and corn.

For the second meal we sliced, grilled and made sandwiches out of the meatloaf.

I made the third meal for lunch today: I baked a 5 lb bag of potatoes during AMC yesterday. Today I used an ice cream scoop to scoop out the baked potatoes, then I mashed them. I set the oven for 350 degrees F. I used about a pound of the meatloaf crumbled and heated with one cup milk and half a stick of Velveeta light cheese, I then stirred the mashed potatoes into the meat and cheese mixture and filled in the potato shells. I baked them for 20 minutes in a pre heated oven. They were Yummy!

By Karen from Easthampton, MA

Food and Recipes Recipes MeatloafFebruary 6, 2007
Stretching Meatloaf
Stuffed Meatloaf
Stuffed Meatloaf Recipes
Mexican Meatloaf
Mexican Meatloaf Recipes
Turkey Meatloaf
Turkey Meatloaf Recipes