Making Yarn Necklaces

I want to learn how to make necklaces with fancy yarns. Does anyone have instructions for no knit or crochet necklaces, please?

By cgladybird from Goose Creek, SC

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You could probably do macrame. Here is a link for a necklace made from hemp, but you can do it with yarn.

http://www.wiki  -a-Hemp-Necklace

Here is another site called "Get Started: Macrame Jewelry" -

http://jewelrym  ry/ss/052205.htm

I don't know if this is what you are looking for,but I will give you the directions just in case. You will need a large bead with a pretty good sized hole in it, and optional other beads to attach to the bottoms of both sides.Get yourself 5 or 6 varieties of those hairy yarns,ribbon, and those trims that look like they have tiny flags of different colors.

You can use most anything as long as it's not thick or heavy. Cut lengths of each yarn to about 45 inches, then lay them out on a table. Now string them onto the bead.(one layer goes into the right side of the bead and the other layer goes into the left side of the bead)arrange to your liking leaving yarn hanging down from the bead about 6 inches. at this point you can add beads to some of the strands.

I used some pony beads and other beads I had with just a little larger holes. I hope you like it as much as I do. Judy in Alabama

Intricate macrame (finger weaving) necklace resting against silver or pewter boxes on a dark wood surface.
Making Necklaces Out of Yarn
Crafts JewelryOctober 6, 2009
knitting needles
Using Eyelash Yarn
Coir Yarn Coaster
Making a Coir Yarn Coaster
Making Yarn Easter Eggs
Making Yarn Easter Eggs
Trellis Yarn Necklace
Making Trellis Yarn Jewelry
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:28:23 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.