Stain Left From Wax On Tablecloth

I have a tablecloth with wax stains. I got the wax off but the red stain is still there. Anyone have any ideas how to get it off?

I got red wax on my white tablecloth last night. I was able to get all the wax off, but it left a nasty red stain. I haven't done anything yet because if it fails, I may lose the cloth. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Has anyone had any luck with pouring boiling water through this type of stain? It worked on a red candle stain on my carpet.

I got the stain out of the tablecloth. I put a paper towel over the stain with a piece of waxed paper over that. I then took a hot iron to it with no steam. It still left a little red there so I put the whole cloth in water with OxiClean for almost 24 hours. I came home from work today and the stain was gone!!! It is now in washing machine.

Glad to hear you found a solution, thanks for posting it.

if all else fails, dye the whole thing red and use it in February and December

I first used the tried & true method of getting the wax off with an iron and brown paper bag - worked great but left the red dye stain. I then put it in a pot of hot water with a mix of my mothers stain removal recipe - 2:1 chlorox & dishwasher soap powder. The usual amount is: 1 cup chlorox to 1/2 cup soap goes in a washer almost half full. works great on almost all stains

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsJanuary 18, 2006
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery