Preventing Hair Dye From Getting On Skin

I see how to get hair dye off the skin as a question a lot in the feedback. How do you keep it off in the first place so you don't have to work to take it off.

Susan from Port Orchard, WA

Put vaseline around the hairline and the dye can't stick. I've tried it and it really works!

One method is to spread a thin layer of petroleum jelly around your hairline.

I spread Noxzema around the hairline and re-apply if needed.

Buy a dark headband from the dollar store, if your dye is dark. Under it apply any form of hand lotion or cream rinse all around your hairline and neck. Plan on using the headband again and again, although stained. If you shake your dye enough, it should be bubbly and not so runny, and if you cut

the spout on the applicator too wide you will have drips. Use only the amount you need, save the rest.

Don't put too much on it. Work on newspaper on the floor in the bathroom, wearing a dark blouse/shirt wrong side out and remove all bath rugs in case of drips. Check yourself all over immediately and often

throughout the process, wearing a cheap shower cap for the waiting time, OR wear a med. large plastic produce sack tied tightly to prevent drafts, drying and drips.

I have hairdresser's license but have never had my own clients, only family and friends. I have done my own hair for over 45 yrs. Remember, also, that dark

dyes are now GREATLY at risk of causing urinary cancer!!! Consider medium or light colors. Good luck and God bless.

When I used to color my hair I would put vaseline about 1 inch around the areas needed. Then just wash the vaseline off.

I'm a hairdresser, and everyone is right, a protective coating of some sort on the skin will keep the dye from getting on the skin. Be careful not to get it on your hair though, or it will also prevent the dye from penetrating the hair as well.

Smear vaseline on the skin adjacent to the area where the dye is being used.

To keep hair color from staining your skin, simply apply vaseline around the hairline and on top of you ears. Just be careful to keep the vaeline away from your hair, otherwise the color will not take.

If there is dye in your skin, before rinsing the dye out of your hair mix shampoo and baking soda into a paste and rub it into your skin. you can even do this right after putting the dye on it. just be careful not to get it into your hair or eyes.

Try putting some cold cream around your hair line etc. and the dye should come away easily.

Jane , Richmond, B.C.

I got a tip from my hairdresser she said to use vaseline too, but if you don't have it just use an old chap stick. it works just as well!!!

Do not do what onix893 said. I tried it and and it irritated my skin and I still have the today it kept it on!

Keeping Hair Dye Off Skin
Keeping Hair Dye Off Your Skin
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringAugust 19, 2006
Getting Hair Dye Off Skin
Getting Hair Dye Off Skin
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎉
🎄