Perspiration Odor on Polyester

Can anyone please tell me how to get perspiration odor out of some tops that are 60% polyester 40% cotton?

These tops have been soaked in Era, washed, and, unfortunately, dried in the dryer. I've tried rewashing them several times, and the odor remains. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Gail C

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Shampoo and 20 mule team Borax will remove many underarm odors and stains. Isn't that great

I do a lot of shopping in thrift stores and there are some fabrics that you just can't get odors out of. You may find you'll just have to chuck it and cut your losses.

I've used Spray-and-Wash on this kind of smell on this kind of fabric. But I don't have a dryer, so I'm not sure it would work for you. Maybe a neighbor can lend you this or some other pre-wash for you to try out.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMay 8, 2005
Polyester Fabric
Dyeing Polyester
A woman ironing clothing.
Ironing Polyester Clothing and Fabric
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 22, 2016 at 11:12:31 AM on 10.0.1.103 in 364 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.