Product FinderConsumer Advice

Buying Ivory Soap in the UK

I was reading someone's request in regards to cleaning a half leather couch. I also have a cream coloured half leather couch and find that in the cracks the dirt seems to be worse even though it is wiped down weekly. It was suggested to use Ivory soap, as I live in the U.K, could anyone tell me what this is? Maybe there is a substitute I can buy here. Many thanks.

By Helen from U.K

Ivory soap is nothing special. It's a white, cheap, mild soap that's been around forever. I'm certain you will find a substitute in Old Blighty. You can visit Ivory dot com and it will give you an idea of the product. Hope that helps.

Anonymous

OliveOyl, perhaps you could give Helen the actual link you're talking about because what I come up with in a Google search says that Dear Blighty no longer exists or there is a safety question mark next to other Blighty links.

Helen will know what I mean. Old Blighty is not a web site. It is slang or kind of a nickname for England or UK. I'm saying she will find a substitute for Ivory soap in her own country. Look at the Ivory soap website (www.Ivory.com) for info about Ivory soap. Sorry, I can't figure out how to post a link.

Anonymous

Thanks so much for letting me know OliveOyl :-)

All you have to do if you want to insert a link is once you have the website up is left click on the website link and then right click on it (what you just highlighted) and click copy on the drop down box and then go back to where you want the link to be and click 'paste' :-)

Helen--check this link for drugstore.com:

http://www.drug  simply_ivory.htm

They'll ship to the UK. I've been swearing by this stuff for facial cleansing, bathing babies ( and anyone else with sensitive skin), hand washing lingerie and spot-cleaning anything you want to be careful about for forty years +.

Hi helen. I'm thinking that sunlight soap is probably the best substitute there is. if you can find it, knights castile soap is a pure mild soap too, which is probably the same thing. I live in Malta, Europe and have the same problem with substituting things from the U.S. sometimes as well.. Hope this helps. Boots or Lloyds Chemists would probably stock knights castile or sunlight soap.