Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Honey Glaze on a Smooth Top Range

0EmailPrintFollowSave

I had a Honey Glaze to run all over my smooth top range. How do I remove it without scratching the surface?

Fran from Charleston, West Virginia

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Annie (Guest Post) 06/01/2006 Flag

I would place a wet towel in the microwave and soak the spot until softended enough to wipe it off.
You may have to heat the towel a number of times but eventually it will work.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Holly 367 1,263 06/02/2006 Flag

Boiling water will remove it, but you'll have to be careful and make sure it doesn't run into the cooktop.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cindy I. (Guest Post) 06/03/2006 Flag

I keep my glass cooktop clean and shining with Bon Ami powdered cleanser, and it's very cheap too. Also keeps my stainless steel cookware looking new. For occasional stubborn food spills and cooked on foods on the stovetop, a razor blade widget is a good tool.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By (Guest Post) 06/03/2006 Flag

Just lay a wet rag on it for a couple of hours, then wipe. That should remove most, if not all of it. If there is still some residue, baking soda and a little elbow grease will take off the rest.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sasha (Guest Post) 12/21/2007 Flag

Well.. I know Soft Scrub cleanser is safe to use on a smoothtop. It should definitely work for ya!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes