Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Honey Glaze on a Smooth Top Range

I had a Honey Glaze to run all over my smooth top range. How do I remove it without scratching the surface?

Fran from Charleston, West Virginia

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Sasha (Guest Post)12/21/2007

Well.. I know Soft Scrub cleanser is safe to use on a smoothtop. It should definitely work for ya!

By (Guest Post)06/03/2006

Just lay a wet rag on it for a couple of hours, then wipe. That should remove most, if not all of it. If there is still some residue, baking soda and a little elbow grease will take off the rest.

By Cindy I. (Guest Post)06/03/2006

I keep my glass cooktop clean and shining with Bon Ami powdered cleanser, and it's very cheap too. Also keeps my stainless steel cookware looking new. For occasional stubborn food spills and cooked on foods on the stovetop, a razor blade widget is a good tool.

By Holly [350]06/02/2006

Boiling water will remove it, but you'll have to be careful and make sure it doesn't run into the cooktop.

By Annie (Guest Post)06/01/2006

I would place a wet towel in the microwave and soak the spot until softended enough to wipe it off.
You may have to heat the towel a number of times but eventually it will work.