Natural Bug Sprays

Do you have any natural bug spray recipes to share? Please submit them here.

how do i mix coconut oil and vinegar for bug spray

I found this on the web and tried it. It has been working so far on my uninvited indoor 'guests'. The guy said it would kill most any bug. You put it in a sprayer bottle and shake before spraying:

2 parts water

2 parts alcohol

1 part dish soap

It is safe, cheap to make and with ingredients easily found already in the home.

I got the recipe from:

http://www.askthebugman.com/index.p ... emid=45&limit=1&limitstart=1

Rub a dryer sheet on your skin.

I've had a lot of success using lavender as an insect repellent -- insects hate that fragrance! Put lavender lotion or body butter on your skin. Spritz body splash on your hair to keep the little critters away from your face. You have to replenish these more often than commercial repellents but they cost less (you can often find these products in dollar stores), smell better, and don't have the harmful side effects. One thing: buy "pure" lavender scents. Right now lavender/violet mixtures are popular but the additional scent will actually attract insects.

I am not sure of the exact recipe but I came across a website that used several essential oils mixed with water. I bet if you searched on Google for "essential oil bug spray recipe" you would find it. Essential oils are great for many things so if it doesn't work for bug spray you are not out any money.

I received an email that went around that said to use Listerine mouth wash in a spray bottle and you spray around your chair or on your skin. Surely it wouldn't hurt to spray something that goes into your mouth on your skin.

I saw this "receipt" on our local tv station -just mix liquid soap with water, and spray with this mixture to get rid of those little bugs. Don't use too much soap if you use it on the plants (as I do to get rid of those little bugs). Also, don't use this on skin or your pets, as it dry your skin out, and pets have a tendency to lick themselves, which means they'll end up eating the soapy

water

Anna, NYC

Anna

I mixed half Listerine and half rubbing alcohol with a few drops of dish soap in a spray bottle. A few squirts on HUGE horseflies in the house and they rolled over dead!

Homemade Bug Spray
Homemade Bug Spray
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlSeptember 5, 2007
Bees
Homemade Bee Repellents
Bug Sprayed on Wood Table
Cleaning a Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table
Ladybug on a blade of grass
Lady Bug Photos and Information
lady bug cupcakes
Bug Themed Birthday Party Ideas
🎉
🎄