Frugal Tips in the Kitchen

1. When using the vacuum sealer to keep meat fresh that I buy on sale, I often find that I need to stack things in the bag like hamburgers. Instead of using wax paper, I use the leftover small parts of vacuum sealer bag to separate the layers of meat. These small parts of the bag are too small to use for its own bag, so using them is better than throwing them away.

2. If you can't get away from prewashing dishes like me, there's no need to set your dishwasher on a full cleaning cycle. By using the short wash, half as much soap, and air drying the dishes, I save lots of money.

By Deanna from Cedar Park, TX

Woman Sifting Flour to Make Cookie Dough
Frugal Kitchen Tips and Tricks
Better Living Frugal Living TipsSeptember 20, 2007
Wood Knife Holder
Making a Kitchen Knife Holder
Spilled Milk in kitchen
Preventing Spills in the Kitchen
Renovating Your Kitchen on Budget, Red tool box full of tools.
Renovating Your Kitchen on Budget
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 25, 2016 at 3:12:10 AM on in 904 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.