Washing Your Dog With Dawn Dish Soap

How often can I bathe my one year old dog in Dawn?

By ashleyrocks from Dallas, TX

I've always given my dogs 2-3 weeks before bathing them again...unless they roll in something of course.

also to help their skin bounce back from losing the natural oils they need and to neutralize the wet dog smell use vinegar and water rinse. i do 2part vinegar 1 part water. remember to give them a slight rinse after using the vinegar.

Because Dawn will strip the natural oils from the skin and coat, I wouldn't use it more often than twice a month. Even then, if you notice alot of flaking or itching (dry skin), cut back to once per month. It IS good for fleas that are on the dog, but there is no residual effect. If you want to use Dawn more ofen than once per month, it might not be a bad idea to get "doggie conditioner" to put on after the bath to keep from overdrying out the skin and coat.

Hello, Please make sure you rinse very well. Dawn is very concentrated. Is there a reason you use dawn and not a shampoo that your Veterinarian advises?

I don't think Dawn is the best shampoo to use on an animal. Because of it's degreasing qualities, it may strip essential oils from their skin and leave them irritated or with dry skin.

Bathing the Family Dog
Giving a Dog a Bath
Pets Dogs GroomingJuly 5, 2011
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
dawn for fleas
Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄