How to Make Grocery Store Rotisserie Chicken

I am looking for a recipe to cook a whole chicken that would taste like the cooked supermarket chickens that you can buy. They are always very flavorful and not dry. Thank you.

Best Answer

It's important to brine the chicken overnight. Use 1/2 cup salt and 1/2 cup sugar in enough water to cover. We use a Margarita mix plastic bucket. Rinse chicken thoroughly next day. Dry with paper towels well. Marinate in a good Italian dressing and sprinkle lemon pepper on liberally. We cook it on the grill or in a clay pot or just oven. Comes out flavorful and juicy. A man handing out samples at Sam's told us this recipe.

Best Answer

When I worked at our local deli. We did 15 or so at a time. We always used fresh whole chickens. Rinsed them well. And we used different rubs such as lemon pepper, BBQ, etc. rubbed those birds down well, then slipped them on a metal rack. The rack was placed in a special oven where they roasted for 4 hrs. The oven was specially equiped so produced a lot of steam, and the oven sealed tightly. So it's slow roasting with high steam. I just figured for the cost of fresh chicken, and what places like Sams, Costco, or Walmart sell them for already prepared. You can't beat the price for a quick fairly healthy home cooked type meal.

Best Answer

I asked myself the same question and I learned the answer myself.

I love grocery store rotisserie chickens - they are not dry like a normal roasted chicken. I bought a rotisserie for my charcoal grill and the first few chickens turned out just like a roasted chicken. When I looked at the chicken I noticed that some of the fat was still there. This led me to think that my temperature wasn't hot enough for long enough time. The next chicken I did at 400-425 for about 3-4 hours (as opposed to 350 for 1.5-2 hours). Whala, just like the grocery store. The only seasoning/rub I did was a bit of salt and pepper.

The key here is to use a rotisserie and don't be afraid of a high indirect heat for 3-4 hours. That's the point of the rotisserie - melt the fat and rotate the bird so it bastes in its own juices! I love it!

Voila! It's a French word.

http://allrecip  tyle/Detail.aspx

This is recipe you want, if you are looking for rotisserie type chicken. It is absolutely fantastic, even if you skip the step of leaving it sit overnight. I never made a whole chicken until I tried this recipe, and I can't imagine using any other.

This is a Weight Watchers idea. Ball up four pieces of tin foil and place in bottom of crockpot. Sprinkle Mrs. Dash seasoning of choice on and in whole chicken. Place chicken on foil and cook on low until done. So good!