Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Candle Wax From Microfiber

The texture of microfiber can make it difficult to remove candle wax spills. This is a guide about removing candle wax from microfiber.

August 8, 2013 Flag

I accidentally still had leg wax on me and it stuck to my dining chair. How do I remove it?

By Christine

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Oh, he he he this may hurt but try using a cleaning product, such as bleach (very diluted) and if it does work, then use some aloe vera to stop your leg from hurting and heal it quicker.

September 19, 2006 Flag

My husband spilled red candle wax on the arm of my new microfiber sofa. I have tried everything to get it out and so far nothing works it is a fairly large spot. What can I do?

Ann from White Bluff, TN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There is a little bit of gum residue on the new microfiber couch...how do i remove it?!??!

The other night we had no electricity and after the candle had been burning for awhile, I lifted it and the wax spilled on my new microfiber barco lounger.

It looked black and like it was burnt (my chairs are a tan.)

I used the iron on low with paper towels and it completely took off the wax. I then did the ice water with dish soap.

Amazing! It looks like nothing happened. I am so pleased.

Marcia

Has anyone ever noticed that once a candle has burned completed out it is very difficult to get the residual candle out. I was taught a trick by a, believe it or not, candle salesperson and it works like a charm. Put the candle in the freezer. I normally forget about it until the next day. When you take it out, immediately thrust is down upon your hand and the candle will release. I am about to go downstairs and either put ice packs or frozen votice/tea light holders ontop of the wax on my brand new microfiber. I don't expect it to come right up, however someone told me to do this and when the wax hardens, gently take and ice-pick (a bit leery of that so I may just hit it a couple of times with a butter knife and gently try to get the remaining residue off with some type of gentle plastic. I will tell you all how it goes. Wish me luck. Karen

I spilled wax on microfiber couch then I used hot water to remove now there's a stain there what can I do to remove it

November 29, 2011 Flag

A cable installation guy hit a candle which spilled red wax all the way down the side of my light khaki colored microfiber sofa. What can I use to clean it without ruining the sofa anymore?

By Chrissey

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Go after the company he works for. Their insurance should cover it. The company who intalled a hot water tank in my batheroom damaged the lino and they replaced it. A hydro truck backed up in my yard, onto the lawn and drove over my son's bicycle. He got a new one compliments of our electricity company.

October 22, 2012 Flag

I need to know how to get candle wax, that is already dried, off a couch that is made of microfiber.
Thanks for your time.

By Deb

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 19, 2006 Flag

I have candle wax on carpet and microfiber. Does anyone know how to clean this up? Thanks.

Sonlitsweety

Answers:

How to Get Candlewax Off of Microfiber

I brought a brand new red microfiber couch. Within a week someone spilled dark purple candlewax all over it. I used four paper towels, and a warm iron on low. I placed the towels over the spots, and held the iron over the towels. the wax started coming off instantly onto the papertowels. i continued until i got as much wax off as possible. the couch was left with dark purple stains. Then I used ice water and dish soap on a washcloth to spot clean all the spots. I rinsed with a clean towel with only ice water. I blotted it dry and then waited for it to dry. once dry -i repeated the process several more times until all the spots were gone. It looks as good as new.

By Meredith

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 11, 2006 Flag

How do you clean wax off of microfiber furniture?

Gig from St Catharines

Answers:
Candle Wax on Microfiber 02/14/2006
I've never tried it on Micorfiber, but the absolute best way I've found to clean candle wax is with an iron and a paper bag.

Tear your paper bag into flat brown paper sheets. After you heat up your iron, lay a paper bag sheet over the spot with the wax, and iron it. The heat should melt the wax, and it will absorb into the brown paper. When one spot is saturated, move it to another spot....continue as needed...it should clear it right out.

Editor's Note: This should work but make sure your iron is on a low temperature and put several thicknesses of paper or paper towels between the iron and the fabric to make sure you don't burn the microfiber. Also, it's a good idea to scrape as much wax off as possible before you do this using a plastic spatula or a very dull blade so as not to cut the fabric.

By amymmic

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning FabricMay 9, 2013
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 26, 2017 at 6:32:27 AM on 10.0.0.19 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.