Removing Candle Wax From Microfiber

The texture of microfiber can make it difficult to remove candle wax spills. This is a guide about removing candle wax from microfiber.

Microfiber Sofa
Filter Sort

Question: Candle Wax on Microfiber

My husband spilled red candle wax on the arm of my new microfiber sofa. I have tried everything to get it out and so far nothing works it is a fairly large spot. What can I do?

Ann from White Bluff, TN

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Karen 1 Flag

Has anyone ever noticed that once a candle has burned completed out it is very difficult to get the residual candle out. I was taught a trick by a, believe it or not, candle salesperson and it works like a charm. Put the candle in the freezer. I normally forget about it until the next day. When you take it out, immediately thrust is down upon your hand and the candle will release. I am about to go downstairs and either put ice packs or frozen votice/tea light holders ontop of the wax on my brand new microfiber. I don't expect it to come right up, however someone told me to do this and when the wax hardens, gently take and ice-pick (a bit leery of that so I may just hit it a couple of times with a butter knife and gently try to get the remaining residue off with some type of gentle plastic. I will tell you all how it goes. Wish me luck. Karen

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Leg Wax on Micro Fiber Chair

I accidentally still had leg wax on me and it stuck to my dining chair. How do I remove it?

By Christine

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By PriceChloe98 1 1 Flag

Oh, he he he this may hurt but try using a cleaning product, such as bleach (very diluted) and if it does work, then use some aloe vera to stop your leg from hurting and heal it quicker.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Red Wax on Microfiber

A cable installation guy hit a candle which spilled red wax all the way down the side of my light khaki colored microfiber sofa. What can I use to clean it without ruining the sofa anymore?

By Chrissey

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By joan 7 141 Flag

Go after the company he works for. Their insurance should cover it. The company who intalled a hot water tank in my batheroom damaged the lino and they replaced it. A hydro truck backed up in my yard, onto the lawn and drove over my son's bicycle. He got a new one compliments of our electricity company.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Candle Wac from Microfiber

By deb 4

I need to know how to get candle wax, that is already dried, off a couch that is made of microfiber.
Thanks for your time.

By Deb

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Cleaning FabricMay 9, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:49:50 AM on 10.0.2.86 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings