Browsing: Removing Crayon From Walls

Removing Crayon With Toothpaste

Use toothpaste to remove crayon from surfaces/walls. Rub in and wipe off! My toddler colored on my living room wall one day (just left the room for a second!) with non-washable crayon. The bright orange picture he drew came off instantly with toothpaste (use paste not gel)! Also works on other surfaces such as tables and floors. Toothpaste also works well for various other marks/messes (i.e. scuffs on the floor and cooked on messes on flat stove tops).

By April

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Toothpaste works because its a very mild abrasive and OK in an emergency, if you have nothing on hand, but why would you use expensive toothpaste when a smear of cream cleanser would work just as well? I see many tips like this which may be convenient in an emergency but are in no way a thrifty cleaning solution. I even saw vodka suggested for cleaning! I don't know if vodka is very cheap in the USA but here in Australia vodka is far to expensive to use for cleaning - I prefer to drink mine! lol!

Regards

Jo

what kinda of wall? Flat? Semi-Gross?

My son did the same this morning but I have a FLAT wall

I was searching for a way to remove crayon from FLAT paint and tried the toothpaste trick. This really worked! Thank you for the great tip!

This was a great idea and worked so well! I tried baking soda and water first-bad idea b/c it took off my paint and not all of the crayon. I used a white-color whitening toothpaste. I wonder if different types or colors makes a difference. Great tip!

thank you lord!!!!.......thanks for the great tip. My landlord was going to bill me for painting the wall as my little monster had drawn a beautiful crayon heart on it. Soap and water had no effect so i searched on gooogle and found this tip. Worked a treat but dont scrub too hard. I used an old toothbrush too, which made it quicker but had to be gentle...thanks again

toothpaste worked great!

we didn't have any plain white toothpaste so i used the tri-color aquafresh and even that worked perfectly after done, just wipe toothpasted area with a damp cloth then dry

Very good advice, works better than any I've found in the web so far.

Thank you so much for such a lifesaving tip.

It works great! Thank You! :) I have flat paint.

Thanks!

It works wonders. Now I don't have to do the unpleasent task of taking the crayons away from my 20 month old son who absolutely loves the.

Wow. it worked great.

Did remove some of the color of the paint but thats easy to fix. :)

Omg this is the best tip ever and it really really works. I'm not lying. gotta try it now toothpaste really works

Thank you for such a great tip! One little tip though...don't scrub with your child there. I made the mistake of using the cleaning up process as a means of punishment. The next week there was my daughter rubbing toothpaste on the wall!

My daughter colored her new kitchen and a vinyl chair. Toothpaste worked great. I even used red Aquafresh and it didn't matter. This was a fantastic tip.

Wow I have been trying to get the crayon off all day and toothpaste took it right off. Now I know what to use if they do it again.

It's not just good for getting rid of crayon. I was putting hooks up in my house and put a pencil line on the wall to line them up. I tried using an eraser to get rid of but didn't work. Then discovered that toothpaste got rid of it. It didn't remove paint or anything. I just had a tube of old toothpaste lying around and used it to get rid of a few marks that had appeared all over the house. It seems to get rid of most marks.

It was 1 hour after bed time, when we heard the kids stirring, we open the door to find green crayon all over the white window sill and black along the white base board. Needless to say the kids knew they were wrong and hid under the bed. X( I was freaking out because we rent the house until it sells. So I jumped on here and found this.My prayers were answered! The kids are still crying looks like its a long night! Peace from TX

I have to admit I was a skeptic when I first read this, I was getting ready to go to the store for the Magic Erasers however I work at a dental office and have boxes of samples of toothpaste pulled one out tried it and it really worked! Now I have my daughter cleaning her colorings off the walls in her bedroom! Yeah!

Crayon marks on a wall.
Removing Crayon From Walls
Home and Garden Cleaning WallsJanuary 8, 2005
girl brushing her teeth
Saving Money on Toothpaste
Toothpaste Tube
Uses for Toothpaste
Girl drawing with crayons on microfiber.
Removing Crayon From Microfiber
Tube of toothpaste.
Removing Toothpaste Stains from Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 8, 2016 at 6:05:44 PM on 10.0.1.34 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.