Organizing My Desk Drawers

How can I better utilize all of this drawer space? I have an absolutely massive office drawer and I have some stuff in it, but it's all so difficult to access and gets so messy so quickly! I want to use the drawer for stationary and the other drawer on the other side for computer/electronic stuff.

Underneath all of the visible items is a 1000 page ream of computer paper, that's how deep the drawer is. The solution it has to be super cheap or DIY. Thank you.

By Jennie from Tempe, AZ

When I had a large computer desk I used several small boxes that I put together on one side. Sort of like tetris sideways. I left a large area on the right for folders (I used to have a lot of stuff in folders and no cabinet). But the boxes helped keep things organized to acquire quickly.

I'd say go to a dollar store and get some cheap little baskets. I have used a wire file rack on my shelving unit on the wall to help with filing of upright folders. Also, I bought a 2 tier plastic in-basket like they use on desk tops to hold my paper reams in. It looks neat. Use small baskets to hold little items. Go to the dollar store to get ideas.

Would it be possible to put in a hanging file folder frame and put handing file folders on it? You could definitely use that to store stationery. You can certainly put those little plastic label holders on the file folders to make it easy to see your stuff. The frame, file folders, and label holders are very inexpensive. As far as the other drawer for computer stuff, I would look for some kind of cheap plastic baskets at a dollar store (or even discarded cardboard boxes) to create areas to put stuff, like an area for hard drives, another area for mice, and another for whatever.

I've used a cutlery tray, picked up at a garage sale, to 'divide and conquer' in my desk drawer. It has a smaller sliding tray on top which provides extra compartments. My drawer is quite wide but your drawer looks deeper. You could still store your paper reams beneath a cutlery tray as it would be easy to just lift out the tray when you needed paper.

Organizing Your Desk
Organizing Your Desk
Organizing BedroomAugust 27, 2010
Leather Topped Desk
Removing Paper Stuck to a Leather Topped Desk
Organizing Drawers, Organized Kitchen Drawer
Organizing Drawers
Kitchen Utility Drawer
Organizing Kitchen Drawers
Bathroom Drawers
Organizing Bathroom Drawers
🎄