Egg Whites as A Facial Mask

My mom used egg whites as a facial mask, she always had a beautiful complexion (you never would have known she was 77). I used it when I was a teenager, I always had pretty clear skin myself. I have had people comment that I still have such a smooth complexion, I don't use them all the time because, quite frankly, I forgot about it. I remembered it a couple of days ago, so I'm going to start them again.

Instead of using eggs, separating them and wasting the yolks, I bought a carton of egg whites, it's a lot cheaper than commercial facial masks, you just put a little in a cup or bowl and whisk it as though you're going to scramble them (don't add any salt or pepper) . Smooth it over your (dry) face and wait a few minutes for it to dry. You'll feel your skin pulling tighter but it's not painful, it actually feels pretty nice. Rinse it off with warm water. I've even put it on before my shower and rinsed it off in there. I have very sensitive skin and, since this is natural, it doesn't bother my skin at all. If you try this, I hope you like the results.

If you use whole eggs, make it an entire beauty treatment by using the yolks on your hair. Mix one or two egg yolks with about 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and about 3/4 cup of warm water. After shampooing massage the yolk mixture onto hair/scalp like a conditioner, let set a few minutes and rinse!

You can also use the yolk for removing the masque. Just whisk the yolk and spread it on top of the dried egg white masque. It works GREAT in helping loosen it up and makes rinsing much easier. I worked in an assisted living home and one of the ladies had glowing skin and I was surprised she was 80. She said she has always used egg whites as a facial masque, then used the yolk as a catalyst to loosen the masque prior to rinsing. I thought she was nuts but decided to try it. What would I lose? A few cents on an egg? She was absolutely right. This is a magnificent way to tighten and invigorate skin - old or young - and much cheaper than stuff from the stores that add a lot of unnecessary ingredients and possibly burning sensitive skin. When it comes to the laboratory vs. mother nature, I'll take the latter every time. Always listen to the seniors. They lived in a time in which they had to make do with what they already had, so they have the knowledge and experience we never had and never will have.

A woman applying a face mask at home.
Homemade Facial Mask Recipes
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes FaceJune 11, 2007
Beating Egg Whites
Tips for Beating Egg Whites
Jar of honey, two honeycomb, and spilled honey against a white background
Honey Facial Mask
Separating Egg Yolk From Whites
Separating Egg Whites
Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
🎄