KitchenDecorating

Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Hickory Cabinets and Brown Countertops

We are remodeling our kitchen with new natural hickory cabinets and the counter tops are a blackish brown with tan flecks, I have no idea for a wall color. The kitchen has 3 big walls. I was planning on beige (vanilla brandy) or brown (covered wagon), but it feels like I"m in a cardboard box! My theme is a country kitchen since the cupboards are the Concord design, I want it to feel warm and inviting, but also sunny and happy. What colors set off the natural hickory?

By Sequioa from Indiana, PA

The colors you have already selected are neutral colors so you can use any color you want with them. Pick up some paint chips and bring them home to help determine what you like.

What about a rust, terra cotta or a golden yellow? If you go for the beige, or white, you could sponge paint over it with the brown, golden yellow or terra cotta. You could also use a cantalope orange. My kitchen counter tops are tomato red, with oak cabinets and oak pergo floor. The walls are white with tomato red painted over them. This makes for a bright kitchen. Best of luck with your project.

Have you considered a green or aqua? Colors in blue family would set off the warm brown of the hickory. Since you have so much of the same color, warm brown, you have many choices for accent colors. Have you considered large poster size pictures on one of the walls? A group of four would add color and interest. I hope to be in Indiana, Pa. to go to Musser to buy trees and hope to find a good local restaurant in a couple of weeks.

I have natural hickory cabinets with brown countertops and a brown floor. I need help on colors for backslashes and paint. The room is approximately 14 x16 feet and is a U shaped kitchen. The room does not get much light even though there is one window. Thank you.

By Toby

I think a raisin color would be pretty! I have open living room kitchen with lots of brown everything. I want to do a raisin accent wall.