Buying Starch in Mississauga, Ontario

I live in Mississauga, Ontario and have been trying to find starch that is available in a pump bottle instead of the aerosol can. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase it and if there is a brand name that I should look for?

The urgency is because my daughter is going to Sea Cadet camp and on the kit list it says starch in a pump bottle not aerosol. She is leaving on June 30th.

Thanks to anyone who replies.

Darlene from Mississauga, Ontario

Buy the concentrated starch (Vano is the brand I like) and get a good plastic spray bottle. (you can recycle one from window cleaner or household cleanser). You mix the concentrated starch with water to your liking - I keep one bottle with heavy starch and one with light starch.

One bottle of Vano will last for years! (unless you starch EVERYTHING you own.

I would try contacting the camp director. They usually know just where to get what they want the campers to bring.

You might try asking your local dry cleaners.....they must have an idea of where to find non-aerosol starch...Good Luck

See if you can purchase Argo Starch at your grocery store. It comes in a box and is used to cook with to thicken graveys and sauces. It can also be mixed with water and used to starch your clothes. You'd just need a spray bottle and water.

Another option is to buy a pump spray bottle like the ones sold by pampered chef or Walmarts used to have them too (used for oils to make homemade PAM and stuff), and use cornstarch and water--starch is just made from cornstarch, to make your own spray starch. I've seen recipes on the net, and am sure they'd be easy to locate. But I think I'd try to find the liquid starch first, since it probably wouldn't clog the sprayer.

Consumer Advice Product FinderJune 21, 2007
Starched Shirt
Cleaning Starch from Clothing
starched blue dress shirt
Starching Clothing
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains
Corn Starch
Uses for Corn Starch
🎉
🎄