Craigslist for Lost Pets

We found a cute little Dachshund in the backyard yesterday morning. It had a sweater on, so we knew it belonged to someone in the neighborhood. I made some signs to put up, but also checked and posted a notice.

When I checked this morning, the owner had posted a notice on Craigslist, which I saw, but she didn't see mine. Little "Chocolate" found his way home. So, Craigslist is a fast way to look for your lost pets.

By msburny from San Antonio, TX

Please be careful when doing this. I got hit with so much spam and all of it began with , You found my lost pet!!!

I got porn emails, contests, ads and all kinds of gimmicks even a few scammers who tried to say they would pick the cat up (that I had found) right away. I am not sure of the way around this but sadly I won't use Craigslist again. I printed pictures of the cat and put them up in supermarkets, took the pictures to 7 local veterinarians, and went to Pet finder where you can post pictures for free also in the lost and found section.

I think dachshunds have got to be the cutest dogs around. If I'd have found this dog I really would have wanted to keep him and it would have broke my heart to give him up.

Please never describe the pet you have found in detail nor tell what sex it is. Let them describe the pet to you in full detail including color of collar and if it has tags or not. There are many animal collectors who feast on free animals to sell to labs who do horrendous things to them. Please be aware. But thank you for your kind heart.

In New Zealand I found a dog and reported it to the council, who did nothing, the people that lost the dog used "" the next day and I was able to contact them. Still waiting for the council! But I found another dog a couple of weeks later, called the council, the owners called the council and were put it touch with us. :-)

I didn't include the sweater he was wearing in my ad, wanted to make sure the correct person was inquiring about him. Yes craigslist can be dangerous. They send an email that you can edit or cancel ad which I did immediately when the owner was found. I've used it several times and never had any problems, as with all things use caution.

I did tell the owner a few more days and he would have been mine. I just fell in love with the little fellow!

Please join Its local to each neighborhood, great for lost and founds. And also your neighborhoods Facebook page.

Cocker Spaniel on railroad tracks
Finding a Lost Pet
Pets Dogs AdviceFebruary 1, 2011
Woman holding a box for a garage sale
Posting Your Garage Sale on Craigslist
Photo of Craigslist's website homepage.
Selling Items on Craigslist
Finding a Lost Relative, Genealogy Study
Finding a Lost Relative
A girl who can't find her parents.
Teaching a Child What to Do if They are Lost