Removing Scuff Marks on Walls

Care must be taken when removing scuff marks from painted and unpainted walls to prevent damage to the finish. This is a guide about removing scuff marks on walls.

White Walls
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Any ideas on how to remove scuff marks (from furniture not shoes) off a painted wall? I tried the Mr Clean Magic Eraser, it worked a little, but took paint off the wall.

By Scuffmarked for Life? from Orange County, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Do not use Magic Eraser on matte walls; it is just too strong. It will strip the paint and leave you with dark marks that don't match your paint. I have not figured out a better solution than a mild cleaner and two buckets: fill 1 bucket with your cleaner and water and fill the 2nd with just clear water for rinsing. Grab 2 of those cellouse sponges and don't forget your elbow grease-you'll need it! I also find its good to go from bottom to top to catch all the drips- if not you 'll have streaky walls.

Best Answer

Try using toothpaste and a sponge. It did wonder. All you have to do is apply the toothpaste on the mark and scrub!

Best Answer

Hello,

Please try a pencil eraser.

Read More Answers...

I'm looking for a tried and tested method of washing walls to remove scuff marks as part of a spring clean! I live in a rented flat so just repainting the walls isn't an option. I don't want to wash the existing matte paint off by scrubbing too hard! Thanks :o)

By Amanda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thanks everyone, think I will give the toothpaste one a try first as I have those bits to hand, if not then I'll be hunting down some of these magic erasers!

Read More Answers...

Try using a pencil eraser to remove black smudges from white walls.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Some of the doors and walls in my home have black scuff marks on them. I have tried everything I can think of to get it off. Please help.

Susan from Arizona

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Magic Eraser removed scuff marks from painted woodwork, after I read the directions and wet it first!

Read More Answers...
    Home and Garden Cleaning WallsFebruary 23, 2013
    Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
    Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
    beautiful wood floors
    Removing Scuff Marks from Hardwood Floors
    A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
    Preventing Stretch Marks
    Scuffed Leather Shoes
    Removing Scuff Mark on Leather Shoes
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 7:59:59 AM on 10.0.2.170 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.