Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Removing Scuff Marks on Walls

White Walls

Care must be taken when removing scuff marks from painted and unpainted walls to prevent damage to the finish. This is a guide about removing scuff marks on walls.

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Pencil Eraser for Smudges on Walls

Try using a pencil eraser to remove black smudges from white walls.

By

Share Your Feedback: Once you try any of the above solutions, be sure to come back and give a "thumbs up" to the one that worked the best for you. Do you have a better solution? Click "Share a Solution" above!

Here are questions related to Removing Scuff Marks on Walls.

Question: Removing Scuff Marks from Matte Painted Walls

I'm looking for a tried and tested method of washing walls to remove scuff marks as part of a spring clean! I live in a rented flat so just repainting the walls isn't an option. I don't want to wash the existing matte paint off by scrubbing too hard! Thanks :o)

By Amanda

Most Recent Answer

By Amanda_K01/09/2012

Thanks everyone, think I will give the toothpaste one a try first as I have those bits to hand, if not then I'll be hunting down some of these magic erasers!

Question: Scuff Marks on Walls

Any ideas on how to remove scuff marks (from furniture not shoes) off a painted wall? I tried the Mr Clean Magic Eraser, it worked a little, but took paint off the wall.

By Scuffmarked for Life? from Orange County, CA

Best Answers

By Sherri05/28/2010

Hello,
Please try a pencil eraser.

Best Answers

By Nick J (Guest Post)12/25/2008

Try using toothpaste and a sponge. It did wonder. All you have to do is apply the toothpaste on the mark and scrub!

Best Answers

By SingleMomof5-yes, thats right-5 (Guest Post)03/06/2008

Do not use Magic Eraser on matte walls; it is just too strong. It will strip the paint and leave you with dark marks that don't match your paint. I have not figured out a better solution than a mild cleaner and two buckets: fill 1 bucket with your cleaner and water and fill the 2nd with just clear water for rinsing. Grab 2 of those cellouse sponges and don't forget your elbow grease-you'll need it! I also find its good to go from bottom to top to catch all the drips- if not you 'll have streaky walls.

Question: Black Scuff Marks on Doors and Walls

Some of the doors and walls in my home have black scuff marks on them. I have tried everything I can think of to get it off. Please help.

Susan from Arizona

Most Recent Answer

By EffEss10/28/2010

Magic Eraser removed scuff marks from painted woodwork, after I read the directions and wet it first!